cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order for phone line and broadband

Clarkyac1

Order for phone line and broadband

Hi,
I have just placed an order for phone line and broadband. I am not currently with a supplier but have a bt socket and line at the property, the line has a dial tone on it too so it seems that the line just needs activating in the exchange. I entered my card details for immediate payment fir my first month service and the progress of my order online says 'checking your details', I have checked my bank account and no payment has been taken, could someone advise how long it takes to to take payment and progress the order?
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Order for phone line and broadband

Welcome to the forum Clarkyac1.  Smiley
The Digital Care team are best placed to answer your query and will probably do so shortly.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Clarkyac1

Thanks Strat.
I will await a reply from them.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Clarkyac1,
I've just checked your account, it looks like the provisioning script hasn't picked it up yet as you only created the account this morning. You should find the payment is taken and the order placed just after lunch today, a start of stopped line shouldn't take long at all to provision as well. I'll pop back later on and confirm when the order's been placed for you.
Clarkyac1

Hi Matt Taylor,
Thanks for your quick reply, I will check back later.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Clarkyac1,
I've checked and the order has now been placed, not sure of the completion date yet but we should get that later on this afternoon - I'll let you know.
Cheers,
Matt
Clarkyac1

HI Matt Taylor,
I have not yet had a completion date yet, could you give an update please?
Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It's not good news I'm afraid. BT haven't been able to find a stopped line to restart, so it means a new line installation which unfortunately means an engineer visit. Given the weather and the MBORC declaration (matters beyond our reasonable control) the date we've been given for the appointment is the 26th January.
I'll see if we can do anything to bring this forward for you but I must warn you it's not likely.
Clarkyac1

Hi Matt,
Thanks once again for your reply. There is indeed an old BT line and socket at the address, when I connect a phone to the socket and pick up there is a dial tone but if I try to call a number, say 1471 I get a message after I press 14 to say that the number is not recognised. The socket is a BT Openreach socket. I have called bt line test on 17070 it says a message that 'this circut is defined as 0151922****. I have not put the full number for privacy reasons but i can send it to you in a message.  Could you please ask them to look again as they obviously have there records wrong. When I signed upto plusnet the signup process identified that I have a working socket at my address and I do indeed have such.
Thanks for taking the time to help with my query.
Clarkyac1

Hi Matt,
Just to let you know, I have sent you a personal message to include the phone number that BT line test gives when I call it.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much - I've passed this on to our provisioning team and they've placed a new order. This is a start of stopped line order which will complete most likely tomorrow or possibly the day after Smiley