Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach have messed up my phone

Profiterole
Grafter

Re: Openreach have messed up my phone

And errmmm...the new TBB test from the mastersocket using a microfilter:

(I can't vouch for the microfilter - I've not used one in years since moving over to fibre as I was advised they wouldn't be required)

krusty
Rising Star

Firstly thank you for those tests

Ok onto your two replies

"(I can't vouch for the microfilter - I've not used one in years since moving over to fibre as I was advised they wouldn't be required)"

ok, has your master socket's face plate one or two sockets ?

Ok besides stating the obvious here, your line is faulty. The question is, to raise it as an internet fault or a noise fault! Your upstream should be around 6mbits its 0.1 to to 0.5mbits ! Your download is at times mores than half than it should be (depending on if your on fibre or fibre extra).

I think the best thing is to go ahead register it as a noise fault because that will impact on your Snr and attenuation

Profiterole
Grafter

Ref the microfilter, what I meant was I did plug one in but I wasn't sure on its viability. 

When I remove the face plate there's only one (phone) socket - so I had to plug in the microfilter to get the a DSL socket for the fibre, and I then connected both cables to the microfilter.  

I do believe PN support has raised the noise issue on the current ticket.  They could hear the issue themselves when I called them this morning, so I don't think I need to do anything (fingers crossed).  

Ref the upload speed, I'm only on 1mb anyway. I took the lower fibre package (~38MB) and by the time I took it up, the higher upload speed was no longer offered.  So the tests are not vastly different from what I should have I think.

And I should say I'm quick to blame OR but it just seems incredibly coincidental that they've been messing around with the cabinet for weeks when my service starts failing (it had been very reliable before).

krusty
Rising Star

If you do get an OR engineer out, get them to fit a filtered face plate..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Profiterole

I'm really sorry that you've been experiencing problems for so long.

I've contacted our suppliers regarding this and they've been unable to tell me what the fault is except that multiple lines are affected and it's in hand with their engineers. I've been advised that the estimated resolution date is tomorrow.

Let us know how your connection/phone line is after then. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Profiterole
Grafter

I've arrived home today to a card through  my door informing me an OR engineer called.  I was not informed of this visit and obviously was at work.  But the card says the fault is fixed and it isn't - the line is still noisy.  The internet last dropped 2 hours ago which  might have been when they were 'fixing' the fault.

I don't want this ticket closed please until this is really fixed.  And if an engineer needs access to the premises I must be notified ahead of time - not all of us have the luxury of putting our feet up during the day

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Profiterole, I am sorry the issue is still ongoing.

I have spoke with our suppliers who had advised us an external fault is still being detected and therefore they have passed this to a diagnostics team to work on.

I have also updated the fault ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Profiterole
Grafter

The noise on my phone line has gone and internet has not dropped in nearly 2 days. And the men in hi-vis are no longer at the cabinet so seem to have finished - yay! 

Speeds are slower than I was previously receiving though (27MB vs 36MB previously) so I'm not sure if there's more tweaking still required as that's a 25% drop?

And I would appreciate being issued with a new modem/router (I realise that I am required to pay P&P) as my current Thompson periodically loses wifi or the password and is now 3.5 years old.  Could someone advise how I can arrange this please?

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

If you want to upgrade your modem, I can arrange a call back from our customer options team for you to discuss this. With regards to your speeds, once the connection has fixed your speed should start to return to normal, I will reset the settings from our side for you to help with this. Please let us know how this goes.

Profiterole
Grafter

@deank thanks  CS have advised they are/have sent a router so that's in hand.  Ref the speed, I found this morning this was due to my profile being limited to 27MB which was unexpected and (if this hasn't been done) I would like this reset back to the speed on my plan please

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

I have responded to this one for you here. Please try and keep it all in one thread so that we can deal with the request faster for you.