cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach fixed a downed cable ..... I have no dial tone.

cwhobbes

Openreach fixed a downed cable ..... I have no dial tone.

At some point over the weekend, my idiot neighbour decided to tackle a 40ft tree on his own, without the proper equipment (or skill) and the inevitable happened.
He brought down some cabling when he just let branches fall to the ground.
Open-reach quickly came out and fixed the cable,
but since then I have been unable to make or receive phone calls.
I have tried a wired phone into the master socket, but nothing is working, there is no dial tone.
Surprisingly I have not lost broadband, as the router has been sync'd for 354 hours straight.
Plusnet doesn't do online chat anymore ? .... and since I cant use the landline for calls  I need help !
2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Openreach fixed a downed cable ..... I have no dial tone.

Hi cwhobbes, welcome to the forums!
I'm sorry to hear you're currently experiencing a fault with your line.
I've run a test and it's coming back as a 'loop fault' this type of fault is commonly caused by internal wiring/equipment, although not exclusively.
Although from what you've said it would be easy to assume the problem is external to your property, with this type of fault result, we'd need you to go through some further checks before we can proceed with getting an engineer out for you.
Please can you try the troubleshooting advice here: http://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/
If you're still experiencing the same problem following this, I'd recommend proceeding with raising a fault with us via the link on the troubleshooting page.
p.s We do still do online chat, however I believe some ad-blockers/pop-up blockers/other browser add-ons can prevent you from starting a chat.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cwhobbes

Re: Openreach fixed a downed cable ..... I have no dial tone.

.... no need for further testing ...... everything is working now !
I think your loop test fixed it somehow !
I can make and receive calls so it must have just been some glitch.
(You were also right about adblock stopping online chat from working.)