cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach Engineer hasn't turned up

buzzjen

Openreach Engineer hasn't turned up

I moved house last week, and an Openreach engineer was booked to come and reconnect the phone line at my new property today between 8am and 1pm. I am disappointed but unsurprised to say no one has turned up. I am very annoyed because I took a morning off work to wait for the engineer. I have tried calling PlusNet to ask what has happened, but am stuck in a 45 minute queue on the phone. I tried a "live chat" but apparently they can't answer questions about home moves.
Should I continue to wait in for the rest of the day in the hope an engineer might turn up, or should I give up and go to work?
Not a happy customer.
4 REPLIES 4
happyhog
Dabbler

Re: Openreach Engineer hasn't turned up

Perhaps there's a large volume of calls that comes in straight after the 1pm morning window "closes" to ask what happened to the engineer. I know I'm currently one (upgrade to fibre, not home move though).
buzzjen

Haha, possibly.
It turns out Openreach didn't have enough engineers working yesterday to cover their booked workload. But they didn't bother to tell me or Plusnet that no one was going to turn up, which was really nice of them. Annoyed is an understatement! So I have to waste another morning (and more leave from work) tomorrow in the hope that they will turn up then. If they don't, there will be hell to pay!
I will point out that the guy I spoke to at Plusnet was very helpful, when I eventually got through on the phone (they really could do with more staff at peak times!).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you have to take a second day off work you can claim - see http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your order buzzjen,
Please do report back here tomorrow in case of any issues (hoping not!) so I can get straight on top of this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team