cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Reach silence

mckh

Open Reach silence

We have had a fault for 6 days with no telephone line.  Open Reach advised on Monday, three days after reporting the fault, an engineer was on his way but on contacting him he said he was not scheduled to come to us.  Later in the day we received another message saying an engineer was on his way.  He duly arrived and checked our internal lines and after visiting the local cabinets he returned to say there was an underground fault and he was not an underground engineer but an engineer would attend Tuesday.  No engineer arrived but plusnet chat line gave the following information.

The line has been proven good to the PCP, No DT present in Cab3. A line disconnection was detected towards the end customer. Please see additional information DT present at Cab 2, no Dt present in Cab 3. Have check all jumpers, cannot get a distance to fault on HHT. passing to underground engineer.

We requested on the day of the fault a voicemail extra add on so we could pick up messages but it could not be activated but after a series of very difficult calls with Plusnet chat we now do have call divert but no-one at plusnet seems to be following the fault up with Open Reach.

7 REPLIES 7
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Open Reach silence

Hi @mckh,

I've had a look a the fault and I'm not sure if I can provide any further information at the moment that what's been given on the ticket I'm afraid. I can see that an underground engineer should be out on the 15th which is when the faults team is due to update it again. 

I'm obviously sorry that the fault has been ongoing longer than we would have expected or have liked but hopefully on the 15th this issue should be fully resolved for you.

mckh

Really nice to hear back from you.  I hope the fault is not too serious as the line was only laid last year from our exchange to a cabinet but it does go under the A39!

Luckily only 1 of the pair is faulty so we do have internet access.  The whole issue is compounded by only having mobile voice signal if we stand in the garden.  

Regards

Mike

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for coming back to us, @mckh

Is your mobile a Plusnet one? We're happy to look at the coverage if so.

Cheers

Dave

mckh

Dave

Thanks for the reply.  We are one of those areas where both mobile and internet access is limited and most of our neighbours and ourselves have tried virtually every mobile supplier with the same result - pop outside if you want to make a voice call - not a very nice prospect today.  A slight improvement of late as I now don't have to stand on the roof of my car or climb to the top of the garden!  

Our local hotel, trying to provide meeting space for contractors working on Hinkley C, has installed satellite links which does not help with uploading.  Our history of appalling internet access is due to the incompetence of Connecting Devon and Somerset and BT.  We live in hope after 8 years of promises!

Many thanks for your suggestion.

Mike

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Sorry to hear this, @mckh

Let's hope that we have a more positive outlook on your broadband fault when our suppliers provide an update on 15/11/19.

Kind regards

Dave

mckh

Hi  The good news is the fault has been fixed so thank you to Plusnet staff who have contributed to this result which is a day earlier than expected.  It was a fault in a cabinet not underground.

Mike

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's fantastic news, @mckh.

I'd like for us to give it a week to ensure that the issue is repaired and doesn't return, before we arrange to have any downtime credited against the account.

Please keep an eye on it, and if we haven't had any reports that it's not working again in 7 days time, I'll arrange for the downtime to be credited.

If the issue flares back up in the meantime please let us know.