Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online phone line fault checker not working

FIXED
rad71
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Online phone line fault checker not working

My phone has suddenly stopped working (no dial tone / crackling line). I've followed the various tests listed in the support section of the PlusNet website, which took me to the online phone line fault checker.

I tried a few times this but always just receive an "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong" message (I assume that's something gone wrong with the line checker...not my line, coz I know that already!)

What's causing this, and how else can I report a line fault? (ideally without waiting on the support line for an hour or so like last time!)

9 REPLIES 9
Djgibbo1971

Re: Online phone line fault checker not working

I am having exactly the same problem. I am in Birmingham -- you?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Sorry for any confusion here, we have a known issue with the phone faults troubleshooter. The good news is that it did work for both of you and faults have been opened and reported with Openreach, I've closed off some duplicate tickets which won't have helped, we should have further updates from Openreach over the coming few days. 

@rad71 here's a direct link to the fault ticket where we'll be adding updates: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184730076

@Djgibbo1971 here's your link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184735035

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Djgibbo1971

Totally unacceptable response. I am paying for a service, not we will try to fix by Christmas response. Expect it sorted today and substantial compensation.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm not sure if there's been any further misunderstanding DJgibbo1971 but we are expecting an update within the next few days. I do appreciate such issues can cause a lot of difficulties but it's not realistic that this would be resolved today and I can assure you we're doing all we can to get this fixed. 

I will be checking for updates tomorrow for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Djgibbo1971

Unacceptable. Consider yourself in breach of contract if not fixed by noon tomorrow. Also as I am having to use mobile data -- Plusnet SIM -- I expect FREE data topup
rad71
Hooked

Thanks for the update Adam. Hopefully the phone line fault will be fixed quickly as it's obviously inconvenient it not working. Fortunately, the broadband internet is still working ok at the moment though!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all, 

I've just been chasing this up as promised and have added updates to the tickets on your accounts. - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rad71
Hooked

Fix

@adamwalker, thanks for chasing. I pleased to say the phone line fault has now been fixed.

@Djgibbo1971 I hope yours get fixed quickly too, if it hasn't already.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to see that rad71

@Djgibbo1971 we had an update yesterday afternoon to say that your line should be fixed too now. Can you check this and confirm please? 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team