cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing phone and broadband issues since May - frustrated??

alhenderson
Grafter

Re: Ongoing phone and broadband issues since May - frustrated??

Checked the phone, no joy 😞
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Given the delay, I'd say it is time to raise this with a Regional Manager, not just the engineer's line manager. Do they have no escalation path?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
alhenderson
Grafter

Good question.  We had the ridiculous situation on Friday where there was an engineer assigned to the job, but no-one could get hold of him so no-one knows if anything was done or not.  Today I've been told by Plusnet that Openreach had made an appointment with me to come round to the house because they believe the line is now OK (which they hadn't) then 20 mins later Plusnet tell me that actually BT are still trying to arrange for some digging to be done.
Apparently, a case handler has been assigned the case at Openreach, lets hope they're better than the engineers have been so far.
Still getting the impression that Plusnet are in the mode of waiting to be told stuff by Openreach rather than actually hassling them to get the information.  No-one seems to know exactly what the problem is and how its going to be fixed and when - or at least if they do know they're not telling me.
Al.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Al,
Richard that you spoke with today is chasing this up, they did inform him that a engineer appointment has been booked but then advised that dig work is required. This has been escalated and we're awaiting an update on the dig work. We will continue to chase this up daily and try to get this resolved ASAP.
Chris
alhenderson
Grafter

Thanks Chris - you can understand my frustration with Openreach, though - one minute they're saying they've booked to come out to the house, and the next their saying they need to do some digging.  If I was a cynic I'd think they were just making stuff up..  I'm afraid that you guys are bearing the brunt of my (considerable) frustrations here.  Since digging is now required I can see this dragging out for even longer 😞
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I fully appreciate that you must feel frustrated! I hoping for a speedy resolution and as you're aware we have escalated this and we will continue to chase this up with them daily.
Regarding the engineer appointment it was the first we heard of it when we contacted them this morning and then they advised it was dig work that was required, we will be in-touch daily with them to make sure the necessary work get completed.
Sorry for the wait!
alhenderson
Grafter

So, it seems that Openreach's clever way of dealing with their work backlog is not to answer the phone or provide any sort of feedback as to what they're doing.  Great way of doing business, thanks for that.  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.. I feel a letter to Offcomm coming on..
Al.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Al,
Sorry to hear of the delay again, I really am expecting something to happen very soon with this. I know it would be much better to give a date that will be honoured and that was the intention. It's the shear work volume in your area that has caused this today.
We've chased this today and this was the latest update from our suppliers 30 minutes ago.
"I understand your dissatisfaction with the updates that we have been providing, however, both escalations and the dig team are working extremely hard to try and progress escalations and faults in general as fast as we can.
This has been passed to the manager of the dig team so they are aware of the urgency."

I'm going to continue to press on this case and I'll update you as soon as I can.
alhenderson
Grafter

Thanks for the info, Chris.  My wife got home at lunchtime to find a spray can wielding BT engineer in the front garden, so it looks like the digging is going to be a lot nearer to home than I thought it might be.  I just hope they're sure where the problem lies - don't fancy having no lawn left only for them to announce the problem was somewhere else..  He is apparently trying to sort out a temporary line in the meantime - not entirely sure how that's going to work, mind.
Progress, perhaps?
Al.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update.
I certainly hope that it is progress, I have to wait for the updates from them to confirm exactly what work has happened, but it certainly does sound promising. I'll keep chasing for an update and if you have any updates then please let me know.
knnc

Hi i too am having problams with phone repair waiting over 6 weeks now with no phone line. Have you got yours repaired now and what was the outcome, are you still a happy customer of plusnet?
alhenderson
Grafter

Quote from: knnc
Hi i too am having problams with phone repair waiting over 6 weeks now with no phone line. Have you got yours repaired now and what was the outcome, are you still a happy customer of plusnet?

Our phone and broadband are now fine, since Openreach pulled their finger out and did whatever it was they had to do.  It involved digging so must have been serious.  Our broadband speed has actually improved by about 1mpbs as a result.  Now that the dust has settled, I guess I am still a fairly satisfied Plusnet customer.  The problem wasn't their doing, but I had no-one else to complain to so they had to bear the brunt of it.  I feel they could have been a little more pro-active with chasing Openreach, and their communication back to me could have been better - even if they had no progress to report, some contact to reassure me that they were on top of it would have been nice.
I think the whole Openreach/ISP relationship thing is a mess, I hope that whatever SLA openreach and the ISPs have ensures that Openreach are penalised for times like this when they completely fail to do their job in a timely manner.
Al.