cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing phone and broadband issues since May - frustrated??

alhenderson
Grafter

Ongoing phone and broadband issues since May - frustrated??

Afternoon All,
Have just joined these forums, didn't know they existed until now.  I guess I'm on here to let off a bit of steam and have a rant at the problems I have been having with my phone and broadband for the better part of 6 months.  I have raised 4 or 5 different fault tickets with Plusnet since May referring to appallingly slow broadband speeds coupled with noise on the phone line, or no  usable phone line at all.  We have had BT engineers round 3 or 4 times now, they've replaced all sorts of bits out on the road and at the exchange (or so they say) but yet problems remain.  Currently, I have been having issues for the last 2 weeks which started with a crackly line and broadband download speeds of less than 1Mbps (5 is more normal).  Over the weekend the download speed dropped to 200kbps, the phone was unusable due to noise on the line, and no there's no dial tone at all.
The fault was raised with BT who gave an estimated repair date of yesterday - nothing happened.  So I phoned Plusnet to talk to them, and hey presto we have another estimated repair date of Thursday.  I appreciate BT own the lines and the engineers etc, but there seems to me to be a complete lack of interest from Plusnet, I keep getting told its in the hands of BT and we hope it will be fixed by such and such a date.  I am completely fed up of chasing this thing round and round and getting absolutely nowhere.
Is there anyone on here from Plusnet who would care to comment?
Cheers,
Al.
26 REPLIES 26
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Ongoing phone and broadband issues since May - frustrated??

Welcome to the forum alhenderson Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
alhenderson
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Welcome to the forum alhenderson Smiley

Thanks, just a shame its not under happier circumstances!  Smiley
Al.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Al,
Thank you for taking the time to post and sorry it under better circumstances.
I've had a look into your current fault and it is something that is being worked on, unfortunately they have found that further work is required after initially hoping it would have already been resolved.
We've been given a estimated repair time of tomorrow by close of play, once we get to that point I'm hoping your services are restored. If they're not for any reason please let me know and I will personally chase up and follow this through to the end.
Chris

alhenderson
Grafter

Chris,
Thanks for looking into this, although I have to say I was hoping for a little more information than "we hope it will be fixed by tomorrow".  That's all I ever get told, do you know the nature of the fault?  Can you explain why it keeps happening (I appreciate it *could* be different faults, but that seems unlikely)?  Since I am paying Plusnet for my service, I fully expect you guys to take responsibility for the problem and get it sorted, and not keep fobbing me off with the old line about BT owning the lines and it all being down to them.
Sorry to sound so negative, but I am fed up to the back teeth with this.
Thanks,
Alistair
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I appreciate your frustration, I don't have any in depth details on the fault itself apart from it is a local network issue. I will follow this up and found out more detail although I will also be waiting for them to confirm that this has been resolved at which point I can obtain more detailed info.
I'll check up on the progress of this tomorrow and report back to you.
Chris
alhenderson
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I will await some information tomorrow.
Alistair
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just checked on the fault and I'm afraid there's nothing further than the previous note advising the fault should be resolved today. Hopefully when the fault has been closed off we'll be able to give you some more information, though we'll have to wait and see. We'll update you as soon as we hear anything further.
alhenderson
Grafter

Well, its gone 5pm and no change. Looks like another deadline has come and gone..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We've just checked and there hasn't been an update yet, the fix timescale is by the end of the day today. We really need to wait until that timescale has elapsed, so we'll check and push for updates in the morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alhenderson
Grafter

The cynic in me thinks the chances of BT fixing it between now and the end of the day are slim to say the least..
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've chased this up today and our suppliers have tried to contact the engineer that is assigned to you fault and but have been greeted by his voicemail. I'll continue to chase this up today and find the answers to the questions you stated in your ticket. This will be before the end of today, I'll update your ticket.
alhenderson
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I will look out for updates.
Al.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Al,
This has been chased up throughout the day and I can see you have spoke with a couple of my colleagues. At this stage there have been several attempts to contact the engineer involved and there has still been no response. This has been escalated to his manager to look into as we need to get this resolved. I know it's not what you wanted to hear but we are trying all we can to get this resolved.
Hopefully an update will come through to us today but I cannot promise this at the moment, it could be tomorrow.
I'll make sure your ticket get's updated too.
Sorry for the wait.

alhenderson
Grafter

Thanks Chris - I have indeed spoken to a couple of your colleagues today and I appreciate that you're all trying to help.  I'll optimistically check the phone when I get home in case the engineer fixed it before going incommunicado 🙂
Al.