cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel talk talk

amcbride
Grafter

Onetel talk talk

Just arranged switch to home phone. I had BT line rental and phone calls were charged by talk talk. Do I have to inform talk talk that I no longer require  their service or is this done automatically when plus net switch me?
6 REPLIES 6
Mand
Grafter

Re: Onetel talk talk

Hi there,
You'll need to contact the calls provider, however BT will be notified automatically when the switch is complete.
amcbride
Grafter

Thanks Mand. When in the process do I contact the calls provider as I don`t know when the switch will occur.
amcbride
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
You'll need to contact the calls provider, however BT will be notified automatically when the switch is complete.

On an earlier question Jameseh (19/09) replied "That's right, we'll handle the transfer and there'll be no need to let your existing WLR supplier know of the change.
So do I need to contact the call provider or not Mand or do PN handle everything?
amcbride
Grafter

Thanks PJ still confused whether I need to contact Talk Talk who charge me for the actual calls.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Whilst we'll be doing all of the transferring of the service, there's no harm in contacting TalkTalk once the transition has taken place to ensure that they stop billing you.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Excuse the interruption...
If you were using TT for your calls but still paying BT line rental, one would assume you were using CPS (Carrier pre Select)..
If you're using CPS rather than a override number then usually BT does the footwork for you, but as James said, out of courtesy, let them know and get it in writing that they have canceled their service on your line.