cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One leg DIS fault?

godfather

One leg DIS fault?

I seem to have a common problem - no dial tone on the phone but BB works at about 60% speed. I know - I should phone support (using what phone?) but it always takes ages to get through and I'm reluctant to use a friend's phone for that reason. Is there any way to report the fault online?

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: One leg DIS fault?

Hi there

You should be able to test your phone line here.

At the moment, I don't believe that the result at the end of the test is very informative. If the troubleshooter detects an external fault it'll report it to Openreach automatically and it will raise a ticket here for our faults team to follow up on.

I hope this helps

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
godfather

Already tried this several times and get the message

The result of your line check is unclear.

with the advice to phone support for more information.

So I'm still stuck!

I do however know that there has been some roadworks in the neighbourhood and it could well be that this has caused the fault.

godfather

Since the above, I've been able to chat online with a Plusnet agent as a result of which a fault notification has been raised with Openreach. So hopefully the fault will be rectified soon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like the fault was rectified on the same day Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you have any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet