cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One hour limit

Deekyevans07
Hooked

One hour limit

I pay for unlimited landline calls, why is it at that we are charged for calls that go over an hour? 

Why is it at at an hour when i pay for unlimited, why am i being limited to these increments of time

I have unlimited Internet, this is not sectioned into pockets of time

Does anyone else on an unlimited home phone package agree? 

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: One hour limit

@Deekyevans07 I for one don't agree - personally after an hour on the phone I've had enough.Smiley

It is no great difficulty to hang up and redial after 59 minutes surely? - if you must spend so much time on the phone.

John
Deekyevans07
Hooked

I hear that, however why that limit? 

The trouble is rarely mine however if i have a conversation that long it is usually very serious and involved, hanging up and redialling, is then highly inappropriate 

But also i am paying premium for an unlimited service that then puts an arbitrary limit in order to find a way to charge me for certain calls

Calling it unlimited then breaches  the trades description act ;O) Or a misuse of the word in english

jab1
Legend

I don't know why that limit is imposed, someone with more knowledge may, though. My thought on the 'unlimited' angle is that it means you can make as many calls as you like, as against, say, mobile plans,where you have 'x' minutes a month free, and if you go over that limit you pay a premium rate.

As a point of interest, ALL landline telephone service providers impose this limit, not just Plusnet.

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I think BT do this too.

Mind you, I don't think I could talk enough about my life for an hour Tongue

Being a bit more serious, I think the main problem is when you are put on hold. Ok with PlusNet you can change ISP, with HMRC which we all have to pay tax to Police you can't.

I had to call them and it was a nightmare.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

This appears to be a misunderstanding of the terms and conditions (which are sufficiently clear, IMHO). The "anytime" add-on allows an unlimited number* of calls with a maximum duration of 1 hour before charges occur and not calls of unlimited duration.

Phil

* Strictly, a minimum of 672 to a maximum of 44640 (about 665 to 29760, if each call takes 30s to set up and lasts at least 1m) Shocked

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
jab1
Legend

@PeeGee I thought I covered that 'unlimited' angle in my second post?

John
Deekyevans07
Hooked

It is not a misunderstanding, i know the limit is there, my issue is why should there be one at the hour mark,,

The issues of cost, i cannot believe are that high, you could surely put in measures to prevent wholesale abuse or lines left open. 

My issue is perhaps to all providers why the limit to one hour then charge, when you say i can hang up and call back any number of times why implement this, as a way of getting additional money when either through an oversight, or necessity i go over the arbitrary limit. There is no warning when this is going to happen 

I am sure the vast majority of people pay for an unlimited package to ensure they can budget appropriately as well. But dont use a huge amount in terms of calls

If i was using a mobile package with unlimited it does not require me to do the same