Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Way Calling

darylbeckie
Hooked

One Way Calling

Hi All.

PN completed my house move switch over yesterday and I have broadband perfect but cannot receive calls to the landline.

Is this because the line hasn't finished setting up yet ?

When I try and call the landline from my mobile it tells me I have dialled an incorrect number.

Regards

Daryl
6 REPLIES 6
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: One Way Calling

Might be 'interesting' to dial 17070 and find out what 'this circuit is defined as' (i.e. your current phone number.)

darylbeckie
Hooked

Thanks JayG looks like I have a different phone number to the one listed on the member centre.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @darylbeckie.

I'm sorry to see your number has been changed as part of your housemove, despite initially requesting to retain your previous number as part of the move.

I believe I should be able to retrieve your previous number and renumber your line back to it, however I did not want to do this if you have already started to advise people of the new number on your line.

If you'd like me to try and renumber your line, please could you let me know at your earliest convenience by either responding to the ticket on your account, the sms that has been sent, or via here and I will look in to this as soon as possible for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
darylbeckie
Hooked

Hi,

Sorry I couldn't answer due to work.

I have now advised people of my new number so I would be happy to keep this one.
Also we have less nuisance calls so that's a bonus.

Thanks

Daryl
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

No problem, thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad to hear some positives have come from it, I'll leave it as it is for you Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
darylbeckie
Hooked

I have now lost my broadband connection completely and I have been on the phone for an hour with an advisor called [CSA Removed] who is handing it over to the faults department who will get back to me in up to 72 hours.
Could this phone number change of effected my broadband?
Apparently PN have tried running a line test and it just fails.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.