cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Anytime call tariff, so why am I being charged for my calls?

lynne07
Dabbler

On Anytime call tariff, so why am I being charged for my calls?

Finally got my fibre broadband working after a 22 day wait following switchover to PN and now I find that PN are charging me for all of my standard landline calls, even though I am paying an extra £5 per month for the Anytime calls package. 
Can someone at PN please explain what is going on? Angry doesn't even come close Angry
14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: On Anytime call tariff, so why am I being charged for my calls?

Thanks for your time on the phone.
I'm really sorry about this, as mentioned leave it with me and I'll get this put right today.
I'll need to go through the bill and write off the incorrect charges so that you don't get billed incorrectly. I've already made sure you're on Anytime.
After this I'll be in touch again later to arrange a good will gesture that's fair and proportionate in light of these problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just updated ticket 109518786 for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lynne07
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Thank you for your call yesterday and your goodwill gesture which I would like to accept.
However, it is still extremely frustrating that PN are unable to stop me being charged the extra £69 on my next bill. Can you confirm how quickly the money would be refunded back to my account?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Refunds by direct debit take around 10 working days.
I understand that may be an issue. Me and the billing team will put our heads together and see if we can arrange an alternate such as getting a cheque drawn up to send out via special delivery.
I'll update you again as soon as I can.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: lynne07
However, it is still extremely frustrating that PN are unable to stop me being charged the extra £69 on my next bill.

Just highlights how shocking the PN billing system is ,when is the new one arriving PN .?
@lynne07 you may find the Direct Debit Guarantee helpful , let  PN sort out the correct amount you should be billed, instead of lending them your money for x number of days .
Quote from: http
If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society

Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lynne07
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Refunds by direct debit take around 10 working days.
I understand that may be an issue. Me and the billing team will put our heads together and see if we can arrange an alternate such as getting a cheque drawn up to send out via special delivery.
I'll update you again as soon as I can.

Hi Adam,
Your message that I received by e-mail this afternoon stated that it will take up to another 10 working days before the money is refunded to my account. Is there any way to expedite the process as you alluded to above?
Thanks.
b1ggles
Grafter

Now they've finally got my phone account online it looks like they're doing the same thing to me, yet another irate phone call coming up tomorrow!
Why can't they get anything done without you having to chase them over the phone, they didn't put my order through, they didn't put me on the right fibre profile, they didn't turn my call features on, now this.  At least they speak English and get stuff done when you do chase but you shouldn't have to.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I'm admin on my mothers account and she pre-pays the £3,00 for mobile calls but is charged for them every month.
PN simply says the billing is broken and reimburse the charges every month, about 1 week before the next bill.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@lynne07
Is there any way to expedite the process as you alluded to above?

I'm afraid not, everyone would get their refunds more quickly if we could do that.
Please bear in mind it's a maximum of 10 working days.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
eilidh1983

Same thing is happening to me. I upgraded to the Anytime package last month but this month's bill shows me being charged for all the phone calls made since I upgraded. This is the first time PN has caused me a disappointment.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@b1ggles - Apologies for any inconvenience, I understand you've been on the phone regarding this matter a few days ago and the necessary action has been taken.
@eilidh1983 - Looking at your account, you have only been on Anytime calls since today, therefore any calls made prior to 16/09/15 would have been made while still on the Weekends call plan.
I do understand that you scheduled the change on 16/08/15, however any package changes would take affect from the following billing date which is why you were still on Weekends only up until today.
I hope this clears things up for you.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
eilidh1983

Am I now on a rolling contract? If not how much will it cost to cancel and move provider? It was not made clear at the time that it would take a month to be activated.
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Quote from: lynne07
Is there any way to expedite the process as you alluded to above?

Yes. When the incorrect amount is taken out of your account, just contact your bank and they'll reverse it for you immediately. Plus.net will then need to take a new payment with the correct amount.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@eilidh1983 - You're not in a contract at the moment and I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving because of this. However in regards to it not being made clear that the call plan change wouldn't come in to effect until the following billing date, it does advise this when scheduling the change on your account and we also sent email notification through advising the same.
A copy of the email we sent through advising this can be viewed on the account Here.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet