Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd problem with caller display

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Odd problem with caller display

I don’t know if anyone has come across this or can shed any light on the problem but I have a weird fault with the caller display on my telephones.
Recently, I’m not sure when it started, incoming calls display on my cordless phones as follows;
First the handset rings as normal, then the caller display pops up and displays the incoming number or name of the person stored in the handset memory, the handset rings for another 1 or 2 rings and then stops, after a brief pause of a second or so the handset rings again with the display now showing ‘Incoming Call’ not the original number.
At other times, most often on local calls, it works correctly and displays the number until the handset is picked up.
The handset records the correct number in the received calls memory but if I miss the original displayed number or name I often don't answer the call because of the possibility of a bogus or spam call.
I don’t think the problem is my end but if anyone can suggest some tests I can do it would be appreciated. I have tried with my mobile phone and this seems to display correctly so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this is happening.