Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number withheld permanently with 1470 available

FIXED
Djay
Hooked

Number withheld permanently with 1470 available

I have just recently changed to Plusnet after confirming that 'Number withheld permanently with 1470 available' is available.

Spoke to Justin in customer services just after signing up on line with that request to be told "not a problem he will arrange it to happen and it will commence approx 72 hours after switchover".

It still is not in place, so today I spoke to Lashan in Tech help who says "that feature is definitely NOT available and nothing can be done"

Having read on here how so many people have requested it, and been supplied with such a feature, who and what do I have to do get get the same feature ?

4 REPLIES 4
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Number withheld permanently with 1470 available

Fix

@Djay,

I'm sorry that's the experience you've had. We can add permanent number withheld so the agent that's told you that today is incorrect. This has now been added to your line and should be active by the end of today. 

Djay
Hooked

Jolo, you are an absolute star....

All is now working, just as I wanted with the 'number withheld'

I quote from my notifications page:-
"Customer has called he states he wants to add a call feature the witholds his number when he calls off his landline, I have advised we do not have a feature that can permanently make his landline witheld and he would have to dial 141 in front of the number, he is adamant that we do and is not happy with the outcome"

It looks as though Tech Help / CSC Analyst department could do with some more training
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Djay,

Great news.

Yeah I've sent some feedback for the agent just so they'e aware for future, so apologies again for that. 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Djay wrote:

...in Tech help who says "that feature is definitely NOT available and nothing can be done"

Having read on here how so many people have requested it, and been supplied with such a feature...

A regular theme on the forum with 'Permanent Withhold' requests.

One has to wonder how many customers are fobbed off and accept that it's not available. 🤔

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)