Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number remain ex directory ?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Number remain ex directory ?

Am i correct in thinking a number that is already ex directory will remain so when moved to PN ?
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

17 REPLIES 17
Razer
Grafter

Re: Number remain ex directory ?

Excuse me for butting it, but I'd also like to ask, will mine as a new account be ex directory? I wasn't asked about this at signup and I forgot to ask.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Razer - The default for a new line isn't ex directory so it won't be - I suggest a quick phone call if you want it to be
@I.T.Works - It should be
Edited for clarity - thanks alanf
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Oldjim may be correct for a new line but with a migration Plusnet gave this answer in 2011.
Quote from: Matt
When you migrate a phone service across it's done on a like for like basis, so you should remain ex directory following the move.

However, note the "should". I seem to recall in the distant past complaints that this had not happened so it is worth checking.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Mine moved over to Plusnet from BT,with no issues.
That was two years ago.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey Guys,
I know that when placing new telephone orders, we'll always select to make the telephone number ex-directory by default.
As stated above, phone transfers are done like for like, anything that's configured with your previous provider will be mirrored on the configuration with us.
If you're unsure, it's always an idea to raise a support ticket so that we're able to double check Smiley
Regards,
Matt
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We don't actually transfer lines like-for-like any more - we transfer them with whatever features are requested upon signup. However, all customers are ex directory as default.
Razer
Grafter

To save me a phone call or creating another ticket, can someone just please check my account to make sure I am definitely ex-directory?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Razer
Definitely ex-directory:
Main Line Directory
Type = Ex-Directory (Not Published)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Maybe the directory status (in this case eg.)
Main Line Directory
Type = Ex-Directory (Not Published) 

would be a useful thing to have displayed in the Home Phone Control Panel in the Account summary section.
Could you look into this please Ben?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Without an immediate financial benefit or significant volume of dissatisfaction it's very unlikely that this will happen as it will require extra work on a day-to-day basis from our Provisioning agents to complete when placing manual orders on top of extra system functionality. Definitely a 'nice to have' feature but I don't want to give people false hope by saying it has any chance of being done Sad
Anotherone
Champion

Why should it require extra work by provisioning agents? Surely once the appropriate bit of code was written, it would be an automatic process that would simply depend on what was actually put on the order (or is currently in place). You've managed to retrieve Razer's information for him from your database so why can't a piece of code do that automatically?
I assume that a similar thing happens for Call features!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's not our database, it's external and many orders are placed manually - each would require a confirmation / update of the new 'directory entry' area of the control panel.
Anotherone
Champion

Well I suppose the next silly question is whose Database is it? And maybe it should still be retrievable automatically and maybe it should be in your own database?
Edit: spelling  Embarrassed
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's part of the order that gets sent off through an intermediary to Openreach and is retrieved from the intermediary's database. We revert to my previous response about cost / return if we were to decide to store this information ourselves Smiley