cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance Phone Calls PPI + Pensions

GJenkins
Grafter

Nuisance Phone Calls PPI + Pensions

Im being bombarded with Nuisance phone calls about PPI and Pensions - none of which I have an interest in. I almost broke my phone after flinging it at the wall in temper. I have depression and can barely cope sometimes, but these calls are beginning to wind me up big time.
Im registered with the TPS but still the calls come through. The only reason I have my phone still connected is because it is registered with my bank, the DWP, and my GP.
I dont see the point in having caller display, the numbers are witheld, and yet so are calls from the DWP and just about every other company, so there'd be no way to tell which is which.
I am sure I am not the only person suffering!
What can plusnet do to solve this?
34 REPLIES 34
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Nuisance Phone Calls PPI + Pensions

Plusnet can't do anything - these calls are from foreign countries.
My wife tells them she is blind  Grin Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had. Anonymous call reject could be an option for you but I'd advise considering if you think you might miss any calls you'd like to receive from someone you know that may choose to withhold their number for some reason.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GJenkins
Grafter

Is this something that needs to be paid for?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Unfortunately yes its £4.00 a month, see here http://www.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GJenkins
Grafter

Hi there,
Sorry, but I'm not interested in buying additional products.
Instead, I want these calls stopped. These calls are causing major stress and take up my valuable time.
I want to know what action can be done by plusnet to prevent these calls comming through.
Additionally, I'm lead to believe Anonymous Call Reject doesn't work in most cases, so probably isn't fit for its purpose.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry to say it's as Un renard, c'est le Mal says - as these calls are coming from other countries it's not possible to stop them (that's why TPS doesn't stop them unfortunately). The only thing we could do is as Adam suggested and add something to block anonymous calls, but as you've pointed out this is a chargeable service.
GJenkins
Grafter

What are you doing internally to combat the problem? Are there investigations?
Are they being reported to the relevant authorities, eg ICO?
What if I want to take legal action against these companies? EG, What information are you able to supply me?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As the provider of your phone service we're not party to information about these callers, especially if the numbers are withheld.
We're sorry if you feel like as your phone provider we can fix this but we have advised you of a method to manage these calls. We do appreciate that this is by using a service which comes at an additional cost and appreciate that might not be what you want to hear but I believe we've advised you what we can with regards to this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GJenkins
Grafter

But the service doesn't work for international calls that are comming in?
Im confused...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Anonymous call reject prevents any calls from withheld numbers from coming through despite of their origin. TPS are only able to stop calls that are made from within the UK which is what I believe Matt was referring to.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GJenkins
Grafter

From your information page..
"This feature won't block calls where the incoming number is 'unavailable' (i.e. the caller has not made any attempt to 'withhold' their number). This can happen in a number of cases (e.g. if the incoming call is made from an overseas provider)."
As you can see, I'm very confused... does it work or doesn't it?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It requires some action on your part but the approach mentioned in the video here could be effective.
I agree these callers are pests. In my case I ignore "Unavailable" calls. I find "Number Withheld" calls are usually from within the UK and in general are wanted.
David
Pagmalupitan
Dabbler

Same here, been with plusnet 1 month, nuisance calls started on day 1 of the line being connected. How did they get the number straight away  Angry
Get 2 or 3 a day, doesn't bother me in the day as i'm at work all day, but starting to get a few in early evening.
I wish there was something that could be done about this (for free).
oh well, i'll keep playing the see-how-many-obscenities-i-can-fit-in-one-sentence-game  Grin
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's the silent calls that cause the most irritation.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."