cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance International Calls - 00912345

Roostie
Grafter

Nuisance International Calls - 00912345

I'm REALLY getting fed up with, Joe, Ruby, David and the rest of the " fake name gang" who keep bothering me with nuisance calls that I just do not want.  I've tried explaining politely that I'm not interested and to please remove me off their call database and not call again, but still they do.
I AM on the TPS ( Telephone Preference Service) so I shouldn't be getting these kinds of calls.
I do get a caller ID though of 00912345 but I want to know is there a way I can Block this call and other nuisance numbers via PlusNet? My phone doesn't have the option to block a caller.
At present I'm just having to hit "Answer Machine" on the phone to redirect it when it comes in, but it doesnt stop the phone from ringing at God awful inconvenient times. Had one at 07:45am the other morning. Angry
NOTE:
Actually, I just had an idea, I saved the number to my Phone and gave it NO ringtone, so hopefully, if they ring it should be silent.... will have to see if that works but I'd still prefer an option from Plusnet to be able to block numbers.
6 REPLIES 6
MrTAToad
Grafter

Re: Nuisance International Calls - 00912345

International calls dont/wont/cant use TPS.  A fair few UK based calls dont either unfortunately.  It would be nice if the ability to block calls was standard (and free).
Aside from that, if you get awoken/called at an inconvenient time, then you should make the callee's life as much as a misery as possible, for as long as possible - and relish it too!
Roostie
Grafter

Yes, a mate of mine did something similar to the people who send spam emails out to you to try and get your bank details then clear you out of everything you have.
They take great pride in wasting peoples time as much as possible, http://www.419eater.com I think
Razorback
Grafter

Nuisance calls seem to be increasing exponentially. Blocking individual numbers works for persistent offenders although often different numbers are spoofed. I let most calls go to answer machine first, taking the view that if the caller is genuine they will leave a message. Gets rid of 95% of the pests.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Depends if you are prepared to pay a one-off cost, then you can get a call blocker - such as this or a phone with the function built-in. I have an earlier version of the one linked, which handles international calls individually if the exchange provides a number for these (as Roostie's does), and has a simple "push button to block current call and disconnect" Cool It also works quickly enough to stop a phone on a different extension ringing.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Roostie,
These are a serious annoyance.
As it stands, we don't offer a block to international incoming calls, it does seem like this number is coming from abroad.
Some of the posters above have some cracking suggestions though that I might try myself.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: PeeGee
Depends if you are prepared to pay a one-off cost, then you can get a call blocker - such as this or a phone with the function built-in. I have an earlier version of the one linked, which handles international calls individually if the exchange provides a number for these (as Roostie's does), and has a simple "push button to block current call and disconnect" Cool It also works quickly enough to stop a phone on a different extension ringing.

Unfortunately you need caller ID on the line to get these to work so with PN there is an ongoing cost per month as well as the initial cost - caller ID really should be free -note to MattyC  Roll_eyes