Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance Calls

binzy
Grafter

Nuisance Calls

Hi Guys
              started to receive  these calls on my plusnet phone line from 01625-506457
MAGIC FINANCE GROUP LIMITED
COTTAGE STREET MILL
COTTAGE STREET
MACCLESFIELD
CHESHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
SK11 8DZ
Company No. 06898873
if you google that number you will see that there are loads of others to, i have had nothing to do with this company at all  and when they phone i have asked to be removed from thier phone list to no avail its a couple of calls today so far but been going on for a week or so now, is there anyway to barr this number? tried tps but nothing they can do.
                                     cheeers binzy

33 REPLIES 33
john50
Grafter

Re: Nuisance Calls

Try registering with the Telephone preference Service it'll help a bit  http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/
sorry just saw the last bit of your post  Embarrassed
binzy
Grafter

Hi john50
                    As i stated above phoned tps but they could not help but will try the online link you sent me
                                      cheers binzy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

try this lot
http://www.enhancefinance.co.uk/contact.html
Enhance Financial Services
Cottage Street Mill
Cottage Street
Macclesfield
SK11 8DZ
Tel: 0871 705 0201 - 24/7
Email: customerservices@enhancefs.co.uk
Enhance and the enhance logo are trading marks of Enhance Financial Services Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales (Company Number 5985471).
Postal address and registered office:
Cottage Street Mill, Cottage Street,
Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 8DZ
Consumer Credit Licence No. 601606

http://www.enhancefinance.co.uk/contact.html
binzy
Grafter

Hi    pierre_pierre
                              yer thats them will try to email them after i setup an hotmail account first as i dont want spam as well
                                      cheers binzy
hulls
Grafter

Next time they phone, confirm their name and address, and tell them that you will be reporting them to the Information Commissioner.
Here's the link
John
binzy
Grafter

hi john
thanks for the link, i have their names from searching google and company house only a few weeks ago they set up the third one (quintessential) , not heard from them last two days since i  told them that i will be coming to see them if they keep on phoning and upsetting the wife, but we will see if it lasts, im away for two weeks so we will see when we return
MAGIC FINANCE GROUP LIMITED
Enhance Financial Services
QUINTESSENTIAL FINANCE GROUP LIMITED
                    cheers binzy
binzy
Grafter

ok guys
              still receiving calls but now from other finance people this is now getting to me and upsetting the wife, all callers are asking for (stephanie) my number must be doing the rounds i think so any idea`s as im shortly going to close my account and have my phoneline stopped and use my three wifi dongle instead that will stop them,
                  cheers binzy
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi binzy,
We can enable a service called Choose to Refuse on your line.  This service will allow you to block numbers that call outright.  We offer the service free for the first 3 months after which it becomes chargeable at £6 per quarter.  There is no obligation to continue with the service after the first 3 months.
If you would like to go ahead simply raise a support ticket and we will enable this feature for you.
binzy
Grafter

hi
        at the moment im really annoyed that i brought my phone line to plusnet  i was ex-directory with bt and had no problems so not going to put up with this rubbish much longer
                          cheers binzy
lexusuk
Grafter

I have double checked your line and can confirm that the line is currently ex-directory.  As previously mentioned it sounds like Choose to Refuse will really help with this problem.
hulls
Grafter

Magic Finance rings a bell - Definitely report them to the Information Commissioner. Include all the details about various company names and so on.
John
binzy
Grafter

hi John
                  it was that company now its some black asian guy, as i said my number is doing the rounds wish i never brough my phoneline here, think im going back to bt with new number and ex-directory as before
                              cheers    binzy
hulls
Grafter

But according to Alex, you're still ex-directory.  It's much more likely that the number has done the rounds, because someone dialing random numbers got hold of you, and sold on your number as a confirmed hit.  Perhaps PN could allocate another number if that's the answer.
John
James
Grafter

Binzy,
You *are* ex-directory with us.
Sounds like someone found your number by random dialling.  Same would have happened if you were with BT.