cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NowTV Broadband to Plusnet - Keep Landline Number

-AventadoR

NowTV Broadband to Plusnet - Keep Landline Number

Evening All! I hope you're well and keeping safe.

I'm trying to take out Plusnet BB as my NowTV deal is coming to an end in 25 days.

Unfortunately, during my order, I've seen a message that says:

"As part of the switch, you'll get a new phone number. We'll confirm your new number once we've processed your order." &

"We need to give you a new phone number. We'll provide further details once we've processed your order."

I have had this landline number since 2016 at the property. We have had services from Sky (16-17 ... they provided the new telephone number as I moved to a different county from where my previous Sky BB was registered too), BT (17-18), Plusnet (18-19) & NowTV (19-20).

Can anyone shed any light as to why I'd have to be given a new number when NowTV utilise Sky LLU and Plusnet have utilised my number before in 18-19 when I was a customer with them?

I'd like a guarantee that I will not lose this number before switching. Can anyone please assist? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: NowTV Broadband to Plusnet - Keep Landline Number

I moved from Sky and kept my Sky issued number. It is an Ofcom ruling that customers' moving should be able to keep their numbers (if in the same locality, obviously). It was a couple of years ago that I re- joined though, and I seem to recall there was an option of keep your existing number or receive a new one. Not sure if that has changed in the meantime?

Mark

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch @-AventadoR

Are you able to drop me a PM with the number in question and your full address so we can look into this for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
-AventadoR

Morning Matthew,

Many thanks for your message. PM sent. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tridens
Dabbler

Hi If you are moving and you are still on the same Exchange you wownt loose your number and should be able to transfer to Plusnet

You ONLY geta new number when you change Area/Exchange?

Something dosent sound

I Had the same problem wanted to move from Virgin to Vodafone/Talktalk they said you will get New number no way after having same number 15/20 Years