cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now O2 do Homephone Too

godsell4
Rising Star

Now O2 do Homephone Too

£12.50 for Anytime calls including line rental and unlimited calls to 20 international destinations.
I think as far as I can tell this applies if you are Market 1 or Market 3 !
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
7 REPLIES 7
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: Now O2 do Homephone Too

Ooh that is interesting, i have head MANY good reports about O2 broadband and the price for line rental and broadband in my area is cheaper than Plusnet.
Change may be on the cards (£6 cheaper too)
Mand
Grafter

The phone price appears to be the same whatever area you're in (bear in mind Wholesale Line Rental doesn't have the restrictions imposed by Ofcom for broadband), however you still have different broadband prices depending on whether LLU is available.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A word of advice - don't under any circumstances go to O2 non LLU as the throttling is appalling
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Oldjim you big spoil sport, my exchange is non LLU  Embarrassed
matt_2k34
Grafter

as a note, the throttling on the LLU side is 'dynamic' in that it doesnt give priority to any one protocol, it gives each person a fair 'slice' of the available bandwidth.
This *COULD* lead to you being left with very slow service, peak time of course on all protocols.
However i havent heard of any gremlins as such, im guessing Be* is pretty good at keeping ontop of the bandwidth it requires. Smiley

edit: whoops didnt see the date 😉 sorry, however my point still stands Smiley
mrmojo

I've been on Be/o2 for one of my lines for about 4 years now. I have never apart from maintenance ever got less than full line speed 24/7. I've also downloaded stupid amounts; on loads of different protocols. Never heard a complaint out of them. I think you're scaremongering there, I can't see o2/be running into capacity issues on LLU anytime soon (same with Sky too -- they both have ridiculously large backhaul pipes).  
dick:quote
matt_2k34
Grafter

im not scare mongering at all, i have said i havent seen any issues arisen from their llu platform.
I just said exactly how it is. Their traffic shaping is dynamic(in terms of controls the whole line, rather than by protocol) IF it had to be used. Smiley