Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing like BT Privacy at home on PN?

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Nothing like BT Privacy at home on PN?

Since I am transferring in to PN home phone next week I am loosing my "Privacy at home" option with BT, with this I used to get free caller Id and less marketing calls (sometimes)  Grin
It looks like PN has nothing similar and want to charge me 99p/month for caller id on its own. Now the WHOLE reason for transferring was to save money but if I am going to start having to PAY for PREVIOUSLY FREE things then the point is moot.  Angry Sad Crazy
Anybody care to comment?
4 REPLIES 4
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: Nothing like BT Privacy at home on PN?

Overall, is your monthly cost going to be less on PN Homephone vs BT once you have added things to the PN account that you want?
Only you can decide.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The less marketing calls is still valid and will carry over from BT. Even if it didn't you can sign up for it as an individual http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/
Yes the caller ID is a pain but I checked on that before moving to Plusnet phone
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Quote from: godsell4
Only you can decide.

It will be less JUST but given what was FREE before is now going to be chargeable not happy about that.  Tongue
Well at least it is a 30 day contract and when TT goes live I can move to them and save more money  Cheesy
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Well TT now live, so they are offering me Anytime, caller ID, Unlimited BB at a lot less then PN (Nearly 50% of what I am paying NOW to BT & PN) so short term phone with PN only one month - I can live without caller Id for a month.