cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not been given phone number (and other problems)

Bruce47
Grafter

Not been given phone number (and other problems)

About a week ago, I signed up to Plusnet online  for my phone and broadband.
I was contacted by someone a few days ago to arrange an engineers appointment.   Discussed with him that there was a stopped line on the premises and he said that would be activated on Thursday (yesterday).  This information was already given when I signed up, so I'm not sure why I was called again?
I believe the line is now set up, but I won't be at the property for a number of days so cannot check this and haven't heard anything from Plusnet.  Also, I haven't been given the phone number for the line, nor can I access the Home Phone Control Panel.
My broadband order has been stuck on the "Checking your details" stage since signing up.  Any update on when this will be actioned and activated.  I haven't heard anything about this since signing up.
To be honest, I've not been particularly happy with the service received as everything seems to be taking much longer than the timescales given.
Edit: 27/9 Changed title of thread
16 REPLIES 16
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Not been given phone number

Hi Bruce47,
Firstly welcome to Plusnet and the forums from the staff here.
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling a bit in the dark about all this, I'll chase up your order for you and report back with more details ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

To confirm, your phone activation did go through as planned yesterday. I have replied to a ticket which is logged on your account at the moment to confirm your phone number and with some information about your broadband order.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bruce47
Grafter

Thank you for your quick response Adam.  Email and voicemail gratefully received.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem Mr Bruce, I hope everything goes more smoothly from here. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bruce47
Grafter

I've just checked to see if I can access the Home Phone Control Panel, but get this message:[quote="Home Phone Control Panel"]Our records indicate that your telephone number may already be in use for Home Phone. This is a possible inconsistency with our records. If you wish to add Home Phone to your service please raise a question to our support centre and we will be happy to progress this for you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll go back and have another look at your account for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

A component was missing from your account, give it an hour then try again. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bruce47
Grafter

Can now access that.  But one more problem Undecided
It says I'm on Talk Anytime and shows a cost of £5.00 for this package.  I only signed up for the free Evenings and Weekend package.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per my last post it may not update to show the right information straight away, please hang on for about 60 minutes.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bruce47
Grafter

Home Phone now showing correctly.
Today my debit card was charged £4.99 by Plusnet.  Checked my invoices on here and can see I've been charged £4.99 for "Postage and Packaging".  What is this charge for as I haven't received anything nor did I place an order for any equipment?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

probably for a router
Bruce47
Grafter

Presumably ... except that I selected the option saying I didn't want one as I was supplying my own.
dick:quote
Bruce47
Grafter

I have also queried this as a reply to ticket number 35426298.  Would have created a new ticket, but already have three open tickets and can't close any of them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Not been given phone number (and other problems)

Hi Bruce47,
Someone is checking this now, we'll have to investigate exactly why you were charged, you will be refunded by the way. Apologies for the erroneous billing
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team