Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal landline?

wayrail
Dabbler

Normal landline?

I am on the broadband only package.
I have received notifications from you that my home phone line has been connected.
My home phone control panel says I have the Talk Evenings & Weekends product.
I understand it is impractical to switch off the telephone line while offering an internet connection.
So, do I have a telephone service or not?
If I do, that'd be great; on the other hand I don't want to be making unbilled calls.
4 REPLIES 4
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Normal landline?

If you are on a BT line (which you must be to have BB with PN) then YES you do need a LL.
You don't have to have your line rental with PN, there are others cheaper if you don't make any calls (or few calls) search moneysavingexpert for details. (Unless you took the fibre + line rental offer then you are tied for 12 months)
wayrail
Dabbler

Thanks. The (unexpected) ability to make calls saves me from relying on my increasingly-flaky mobile.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As you said your Home Phone Control Panel says Talk Evening and Weekends then UK calls to 01/02/03 numbers, and 0845/0870 except indirect access numbers and dial-up ISP numbers, are inclusive upto a maximum 60 minutes from 700pm - 700am weekdays and all Saturday and Sunday.
Hang up and redial after 59 minutes to avoid any charges. Read all the FAQ's and Ts&Cs for full info.
Are you on Fibre or ADSL for the broadband?
wayrail
Dabbler

ADSL.