Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy phone line

FIXED
RichardWright
Hooked

Noisy phone line

We have a crackly line and are having difficulty in hearing speech. It's also affecting broadband speed. This is a line and connection being used to support a voluntary team during the lock-down.

Last time this  was experienced it was traced to an earth fault. that was 3 years or so ago.

Have tried to get line checked but that has come up with an error. Calling the freephone number suggested gets to a dead end as the support team isn't taking calls and there is no other way of contacting them.

Help, please, anyone?

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Noisy phone line

@RichardWright 

I believe that the telephone checker sometimes comes up with an error but still automatically raises a fault ticket. Consequently it is worth logging in to your account and checking for any new tickets.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RichardWright
Hooked

Thanks so much. Nothing obvious on the a/c page and no confirming email as happened last time. Murphy's Law says that the line's now quiet... I'll be keeping my eye/ear on it!

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@RichardWright wrote:

Nothing obvious on the a/c page...

Tickets have their own page here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RichardWright
Hooked

Thank you - I've searched around the page but can find no link to get me to that. Clicking your link gets me there but surely it should be visible from the main pages? What have I missed?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Fix

@RichardWright 

The website has never been renowned for being user friendly or intuitive!

I've got several pages bookmarked - it's just too much hassle to find them if you don't use them regularly.

Start with 'Manage Account', then select 'Help Assistant'.

Image1.jpg

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
RichardWright
Hooked

Talk about well hidden! Thank you - at least I know where to look. Although there's no open ticket, alas. Still, as the line's been quiet ever since I tried to do a test on it, I suppose I shouldn't grumble.

I do feel sorry for any self-isolated people whose line has vanished completely, and who can't contact anyone. Very bad.

Thanks so much again.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@RichardWright 

You're welcome. Hope it stays quiet.  🤞

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
POMPEYFAN
Grafter

I have the same problem, it makes my internet drop out and it's impossible to hear anyone on the landline. I have, like you tried phoning, but the call centre is closed. They won't fix your line for you.

You could do what I have done and change provider.

Now I am leaving, I get loads of emails and now a letter asking me to phone them.

Quote "We've got a team of helpful Plusnet advisors to answer anyquestions you have about leaving. Call us free on 0800 694 0016"

Why don't you call that number and tell them you are leaving unless they fix your line? If you want to stay with them of course.

I don't, as I have had so much trouble with Plusnet, I can't wait to leave. "We'll do you proud?" WALOB.