cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy line

diydel

Noisy line

Hi All

I have interference on my line, i have now tried a new handset directly into test socket on master and problem solved. Reinstall face-plate, still Ok however when i plug the router back in and it connects to broadband the interference returns.

Anyone had similar or know how to solve this.

Thanks Derek

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Noisy line

A warm welcome to the forums @diydel

The issue you're describing usually indicates a fault with the router, microfilter or the exchange. If you've tried an alternative filter/router I'd recommend raising this as a fault to us here to look into further.

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
diydel

Hi 

Thanks for replying. There is no filter, believe this is all in the face-plate as installed by Bt (one socket for phone, one for broadband). Unfortunately don't have an alternative router to check. Line check on-line comes up with oops-there was an error and asks to to call 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's possibly not a line issue if your home phone is clear and working with no equipment attached. If you complete the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net this will allow you to raise a fault online where our broadband faults team will pick it up and contact you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
diydel

Hi

Apologies for slow reply. However when i do the broadband checker it says the fault is with phone line and closes ticket.

NB. After trying to run phone line checker my broadband goes down.

Regards

Derek

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I would recommend completing the broadband fault checker selecting the option that your phone line is clear.

At the last step of the process, you'll be asked to leave any additional notes where you can advise us the noise only occurs when the router is plugged in.

I hope this helps