cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy line

hrmdesign

Noisy line

I've had a noisy line for about three weeks now although it's intermittent, it's causing dropouts in my broadband and consequently the speed has now been throttled down to less than half a meg.  Spoke to a plusnet adviser via live chat on the 8th, he confirmed he could see the drops in frequency on the broadband but the line tested ok!? He opened a ticket anyway but I've had no update since, how long do I have to wait? Calling is pointless as the que is often over an hour to get to speak to someone. Nothing has changed in the home network although I've been through all the tests a number of times anyway, I need help but aren't getting anywhere fast!
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Noisy line

When you get the noise on the phone line can you try plugging a handset directly in to the test socket and see if it's still there? If it's still there then it's likely to be the cause of the broadband issues too and we'd need to investigate that side of things.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hrmdesign

It has done it when plugged directly into the master socket, because it's intermittent it's tricky to catch it as you never know when it's going to be noisy. When it is noisy its very noisy but 5 minutes later it can be perfect.  I'm sure it's the cause of the drop outs and subsequent slow bb. We have already had problems with the line since being in the house, a few months ago I ended up having a three way convo with a woman over the road who somehow got connected to my call when I was already speaking to somebody else on a different number!  I just need it sorted now even if it did turn out to be a fault in the house and it costs me!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Our faults team responded to your ticket yesterday afternoon, if you can reply to them or the SMS they sent with your availability for an engineer we can get it booked in.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.