cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy line with no way to report it but to call the support line and wait?

stephenihome

Noisy line with no way to report it but to call the support line and wait?

Extremely frustrating that living in the country it is not uncommon that we have a physical line fault from time to time, where there is a lot of noise on the phone line which in turn causes the router to drop out, and the only way it seems to report this is to ring the customer support number. No chat available and no email option either.

On a previous occurrence I get told to wait 2-3 days to see if sorts itself which of course it doesn't. When a BT Openreach engineer finally came out he did say Plusnet were the only provider still putting this 2-3 day delay in between a customer reporting a fault and Plusnet passing it onto BT. And as suspected it was a copper connection needing redone to cure this fault. There are plenty of connections between our house and the exchange - just takes one of these to be bad to cause noise.

PIA that the only fault reporting option is to ring a number and be on hold for maybe an hour. I rang yesterday and had to give up without getting through to anyone. 

Very poor service in this respect. I wonder if the service is much better with other providers?

1 REPLY 1
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Noisy line with no way to report it but to call the support line and wait?

Much easier and quicker is to check this Help Article out:https://www.plus.net/help/phone/

John