cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy Phone Line

g3uiss
Grafter

Noisy Phone Line

Reported a very noisy line, and intermittent broadband on Saturday to customer services. Diagnosed as Earth Fault not at my premises.Given fix time as 2359 on Wednesday 14th. Advised may be fixed before. Phone was fixed by 1100 this morning, but fault started again around 4PM today. Called customer services and they said they cant do anything until after the previous deadline.
So I have to wait after it has been fixed once for 2 days to say its broken again ????
On top of that I have the 30 minute wait time each call to Plus Net
Surely PlusNet Can check fault log and if BTOR report it fixed can raise a new fault ????Huh
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Hi there g3uiss,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your services.
I can't seem to find the fault raised on your account, could you provide me with the Ticket ID please?
It may not be the case that the fault was "fixed" at 11am it may have started working intermittently but this doesn't necessarily mean that our suppliers will close the fault off as cleared. Either way, if you can provide the Ticket ID I can then investigate this properly for you.
g3uiss
Grafter

The ticket is 85460439 I'm sorry because I have two accounts with you I may have posted from the wrong one
Tony
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming that, Tony.
I've checked on this for you and our suppliers are still working on this fault and they've advised that it is associated with a common fault which means that it's located in your Local Network. They've confirmed that an engineer has been assigned to attend your Local Network to carry out any necessary work that may be required and that we should receive updates following the ERT (by midnight on 14/05/2014).
As it stands, the fault hasn't been reported as fixed so we're not able to raise a new fault. Our Faults team will continue to monitor this for you on Ticket: 85460439
g3uiss
Grafter

Thanks I appreciate the clarification and update
Tony