cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy Phone Line - Slow Broadband

iwannaknow

Noisy Phone Line - Slow Broadband

Been having issues for about a week with a noisy phone line which has caused my broadband to drop from 8Mb to around 1Mb.

Gone through all the troubleshooting tips and still no difference. Although the Plusnet troubleshooter seems to disconnect my internet when testing my phone line sometimes.

Thanks,

Nathan

7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Noisy Phone Line - Slow Broadband

Hi @iwannaknow,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I have raised a ticket on your account regarding this, which can be viewed here. Once you've been able to respond to the ticket, please let us know so that we can pick this back up as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
iwannaknow

I.ve responded - my internet is now around 0.5Mb according to the stats on my router
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @iwannaknow,

An appointment for an engineer to visit the premises has been arranged for 14/12/18 between 1pm-6pm. If the appointment needs rearranging, let us know as soon as possible.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
iwannaknow

Wasn't at home when engineer came, been told he fixed external fault and installed new master socket in house. Phone line is working correctly but internet is still 0.2Mb.

Thanks for any help..

Edit; Courtesy call from Plusnet, informed me that he'll be fixing the issue with speeds shortly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Nathan.

I'm glad to hear your phone service is working OK now.

It doesn't look like the fix for your speeds the adviser did has gone through the system, so I've put it through a different way which should take around 4 hours.

All that said, your connection appears to still be dropping following the engineer visit. I'd report a broadband fault to us at http://faults.plus.net if the drops continue.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iwannaknow

My speed is now around 12Mb which is higher than before. 

I'll check my router log during the week to monitor any disconnects 

Thanks for the help!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that! And just in time for the weekend.

Hopefully your connection holds steady.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet