Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy Line

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Noisy Line

Hi I have a noisy phone line. I have connected the phone directly into the master socket (disconnecting all else including broadband) and its noisy as soon as you hear the dial tone. I ran a quietline test nevertheless which simply confirmed.

I have tried twice to get your automated Phone line check and both times it returned "something has gone wrong" please ring us. Ringing says 20 minutes waiting, so here I am.

Can someone get BTO to sort the line out please? they should not need to visit as its an external fault but if they do, please arrange a time with me.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Noisy Line

Have you tried the reporting fault webpages?
See links below.
I've had O/R out a few times over last 10 days; their protocol has been eased slightly
for home visits (where it's necessary/ justified). They are however limited to a maximum of 15 minutes within the dwelling (officially).
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Yes but thanks for the suggestions.

Problem is with the phone, trying to talk to people with someone crunching cellophane in your ear, but I guess it's upsetting my broadband too. My guess is the line in the road from the cabinet, put there by the Romans and getting a tad past it's use by date. I know there's been trouble before and finding a spare line in a workable state was hard 5 years ago.

That's a BT problem, I think it needs new cable but the cost is great for the few affected.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@danludlow 

I understand that despite reporting a fault the line checker might still raise a ticket on your account. Have you checked?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

I've tried Checking @Baldrick1 but haven't been able to find the relevent page. "My Questions" is either missing, has moved, or I'm losing the plot. (Probably 3!). ^-)

Orwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your message, and I am sorry to note the inconvenience.

In the interests of data security, I have created this online portal thread: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201614816

Upon reviewing the contents you have any further questions, please reply via the thread.

Best Wishes

-  Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team