Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise on line

slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Noise on line

OK so my fibre is due to change tomorrow 22nd Sept from BT to Plusnet, closely followed by my phone. However, I've just used the phone and there is noise on the line!!! Will this be picked up and fixed tomorrow when they change the fibre over?
I did an online BT test and they said there was no problem...all 3 phones in the house have the same issue. Only one master socket and no extensions in use.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Noise on line

Unless the fibre installer finds a problem affecting the fibre service it won't be automatically fixed although it is possible that the wiring changes at the cab may have an effect
It is a case of suck it and see  Sad
Alternatively I have misunderstood your post and you are moving from BT Fibre to Plusnet Fibre and in which case nothing will change as there will be no physical changes to the wires or equipment in the cab or exchange
slavo71
Rising Star

You are correct when you say that I'm moving from BT Fibre to Plusnet Fibre, I'll see what tomorrow brings...strangely enough the noise has now gone!!!
Thanks for the reply.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi slavo71,
Your broadband order has completed now which is good news.
At worst, we can run a few checks on your phone line once we are in ownership of it.  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
slavo71
Rising Star

Yep fibre is up and running but the noise on the phone is back!!!
Just waiting for BT to answer the phone as they have sent me a bill today showing advance payment for
Broadband and Calls
20 Sep - 19 Oct 14
This is the cost of your Package at £27.67 a month, charged in advance from
20 Sep 2014 to 19 Oct 2014.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll have provisionally sent a ticket to our faults team to investigate once we own your line.
This will not be until 06/10/2014, so if the problem stops, then feel free to let us know.
Sorry to hear that this is persisting.  Sad
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
slavo71
Rising Star

I spoke to a BT guy yesterday and explained what was happening with both the line and the slow fibre since changeover, by luck the crackling sound started to happen mid way through the call which he immediately picked up on and made notes about if for the engineers.