cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise on line

paace

Noise on line

I switched from Talktalk to Plusnet on 20th June .  When I tried to phone on the 21st June there was noise on the line which had not been there previously.    I contacted Support and told them nothing had changed at my end so the fault must be at their end.   An engineer from BT/Openreach called on the 27th June and thought he had fixed the fault but when I tried to phone later the noise was still there.   It is now 21 days since I reported this fault and Plusnet still have not fixed it.  I have phoned Support constantly about the problem but get the same response blaming their 'suppliers' who are BT/Openreach .  Also get the same text messages every day apoligising like this
"I can only apologise so for for the length of time it is taking to resolve your issue. The underlying problem we are facing is that currently we are unable to progress your telephone fault issue due to the fault being stuck in our suppliers systems. We have contacted out suppliers who are trying to get this resolved. As we don't want to close your fault off and re-open it, this is why it is taking longer than expected to resolve your fault.
As soon as we have any further updates, we will contact you and let you know ASAP. We appreciate your patience on this matter".
There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the set up between Plusnet and BT/Openreach  if  BT/Openreach are ignoring calls from Plusnet and show no willingness to fix any faults they report.  That is why the Mangers of Plusnet need to sort this out.
If the noise on my line is not fixed soon I will have to cancel my contract and move on to a cable supplier.
If any member of the support team can help it's Question 43791947
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Noise on line

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about this. I've just had a word with the faults team and can assure you we're still chasing this for you, we'll have an update on the ticket shortly after lunch to advise where things are.
paace

Thanks Matt.  I've had a call from BT this afternoon and I've made an appointment for one of their engineers to call tomorrow morning.
paace

Engineer called this morning and updated socket and some wiring.  Line is fine at the moment but will continue to check for a few more days to make sure fault does not return.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated, hope things have been fine over the weekend - please let us know if not.