Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail main menu

FIXED
st3v31963
Hooked

No voicemail main menu

Hi - my Aunt has an issue with her PN voicemail not allowing her to access the main menu.  If there are new messages they play and then the system immediately hangs up, if there are no new messages then the system simply reports that and then hangs up. There is no opportunity to listen to the message again, or to record a greeting. 

We have reported this to Plusnet who initially tried to claim that this is what standard voice mail does, and then admitted there was an issue and spent several days trying to remove and re-add voicemail.  They eventually achieved this, but the problem has not been fixed. 

Unfortunately, my Aunt is very hard of hearing and;

a) Often needs to listen to a message several times to understand what is being said

b) Needs to record a custom greeting asking callers to send an email if possible or to speak slowly and clearly.

Please, can someone from the support team pick this up and escalate this to the appropriate engineering team to get this sorted.   I can PM the username, associated phone number and previous ticket reference.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: No voicemail main menu

Buy a new corded phone perhaps, many of which have answering machines built in; she'd then
be in complete control.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @st3v31963,

Sorry to hear your aunt's having trouble with her voicemail service and I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused to you both. Please drop me a PM with the account username so we can start to investigate this for your aunt and help resolve the matter. Once you've dropped that PM across please leave a message on this thread and we can pick it up from there. In the mean time you can find our guide on how to use voicemail here.

Thanks.

st3v31963
Hooked

Hi, thanks for replying.  PM left as requested.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks your post back @st3v31963 

I've taken a look into this and I can see we've ordered the wrong type of voicemail service from our suppliers for her line. I'm correcting this now, which should be sorted after an hour. Can you let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
st3v31963
Hooked

Hi, have passed the message on and asked her to check.  Will revert back ASAP...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, no problem. Keep us posted Smiley 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
st3v31963
Hooked

All confirmed working OK now.  Thanks for your help 😀

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent, that's good to see and thanks for confirming @st3v31963 Sorry for the issues your aunt has had with this. 

She should also find caller display now works as I fixed that at about the same time I sorted out the voicemail service. 

Let me know if there's anything else you or she needs help with. Smiley 

Cheers -Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet