Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No telephone line suddenly but broadband is fine

FIXED
luisk73

No telephone line suddenly but broadband is fine

Hi all

I have broadband and phone line with plusnet since February and suddenly 2 weeks ago I do not have tone in phone line at home but broadband is fine.

I have tried all suggestions for troubleshooting from customer service but it does not work. Even I bought a new device but it does not work as well. To talk with help and support via mobile is impossible due very busy service and I do not have good signal at home. 

I really need to fix it but I can not contact with someone for doing it. Could I have any suggestion please?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: No telephone line suddenly but broadband is fine

Hopefully a member of staff will pick this up.

Firstly, I would raise a landline fault at: faults.plus.net if you've not already done so.

In the fault description I would point them the URL to this thead why may help as when people reply the faults team can read what has been said.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

You could also try contacting them on line using Chat. Go through the Contact Us link at the top of this page. You must have Pop Ups disabled in your browser for this to work.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi @luisk73 and welcome to the Community Forums.

I have run a test on your line and it's detected a external fault that more than likely will be behind the loss of dial tone you've mentioned.

Fail - Fault located between DP and customer apparatus (no appointment required)
Description: FAULT - Dis In Network

I have then raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the standard 2 working day turn around time and estimated response time of 01/08/18 by 17:00. Keeping in mind this is the very latest a external engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner.

I've raised a fault ticket on your account and placed it on hold until the morning of 02/08/18 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved. By all means though if you are still receiving no dial tone come 5pm Wednesday then please do drop us a message on here and we can chase this up for you.

The ongoing fault ticket can be accessed here

luisk73

thank you. Now is fixed