cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No telephone line after spam call. Urgent-I'm worried

brennanthurston
Grafter

No telephone line after spam call. Urgent-I'm worried

Just got one of these "This is British Telecom" spam calls. After hanging up I tried to divert the call but was told "you're connected to <my home number>.....now I can't ring and can't be rung.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Internet seems fine but I'm worried someone is using my landline for expensive stuff.

Jule

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: No telephone line after spam call. Urgent-I'm worried

Hi there @brennanthurston,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with you phone service.

I have ran phone tests and nothing is cropping up, were you trying to divert the caller to your Plusnet Protect "junkbox"?

I would suggest keeping an eye on your call charges just incase, let us know if anything untoward crops up and we can get that investigated for you.

Thank you.

brennanthurston
Grafter

@Mads 

When I tried to divert the call to my spam box I got a message that my line was being tested instead of the usual "Welcome to 1572...."

I just got a phone call allegedly from Plusnet, but the caller withheld his number.

Genuine or not?

Claimed, I contacted Plusnet on social media but I can see that my message hasn't been read.

I'm not getting paranoid but I've become very alert since Brexit. (sorry to mention the B-word)

Jule

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @brennanthurston

I've checked your account and the call was made by one of my colleagues. This issue should be fixed by you unplugging and re plugging your landline. Please can you try this and let me know if this resolve your issue

Kind Regards,