cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone

Sparker74
Dabbler

No phone

Not sure if in right place but landline phone not working again have reported it but it's nearly a week , last time it took nearly three weeks to fix and three different engineers...anyone else had to wait so long?.thankfully my internet is still working...

9 REPLIES 9
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: No phone

Hi @Sparker74

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear that this is taking longer than expected.

Do you have a fault ticket reference so that we can update you on the progress of the fault?

Best wishes,

Dave

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Possibly it's a fault which requires extensive underground work, or there's some other delay.

It may be that BTOR have handed it back to Plusnet as cleared when in fact it's not - it does happen.  Shocked

You can check your tickets here -

https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=search

Edit: @RandallFlagg types faster than me.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Sparker74
Dabbler

Hi

Thanks for the reply I  do have this number 

TR0000009413305

Is this the right number?..  

Sparker74
Dabbler

Ok thanks will check...I do appreciate that some problems can take longer to sort ...😊

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Sparker74,

Thank you for sending the fault reference over. I've had a look into this now and have been able to get an update on this for you. As this is account specific information I've added this to the fault ticket on your account - you can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparker74
Dabbler

Hi engineer did fix phone yesterday afternoon and all was fine until this morning..have no dial tone so phone off again...what is going on?..

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Sparker74,

I've checked the phone fault. I've added the engineer notes to the ticket on your account.

I retested the line and it was coming back clear but as you're still having issues we'll have to book an engineer for another visit, unfortunately. 

Checking the appointment book for your fault just now the earliest appointment showing is Tuesday AM/PM slot and then every weekday following that. Can you let me know which of those slots/days would be best for you to book in. In the meantime if you need us to add a call divert feature to your line (so that if anyone dials the number the call is diverted to a working line) then please let us know by private messaging one of the staff or by updating the ticket on the account.

I've checked the broadband service and this does appear to be working, but I've put a reset on the line as the SNR was too low, probably causing you some speed problems. 

From your comments on this post and the history of the account this appears to be an ongoing issue that keeps recurring every 4 or 5 months, because of this I'm going to move the ticket on the account to be managed by us in Social Media for you. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

In the meantime if you need us to add a call divert feature to your line (so that if anyone dials the number the call is diverted to a working line) then please let us know by private messaging one of the staff or by updating the ticket on the account

Will that be FOC as is offered by BT Retail when a line is down, or will the user be charged the cost of diverted call?

I've checked the broadband service and this does appear to be working, but I've put a reset on the line as the SNR was too low, probably causing you some speed problems

If there is no dial tone, then that would imply that at least one leg of the pair is disconnected.  With just one leg connected, broadband can limp along but speed will not be great.  Raising the SNRM might improve stability, but it will reduce the synch rate … it is though just possible that if the error rate at present is substantial and this change brings about a marked improvement, the effective data speed might be improved.

Until the phone line is repaired, there is little point trying to fix a broadband performance issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Sparker74

After checking your ticket I can see you have confirmed the dial tone has returned.

I have retested the service and we are no longer able to detect a fault the connection appears stable and the speed is between the estimates.

Due to no fault currently occurring, it is not recommend to send an engineer as no fault would be detected. Please continue to monitor your service and at the first sign of an issue let us know so we can continue to investigate.

@Townman
The TCD (Temporary Call Divert) feature is a free service when a fault is raised however, the calls made from the line to the diverted number are chargeable. If you have a call plan some or all call charges may not be applicable dependant on the product for example Unlimited UK & Mobile calls would rule out all UK mobile and UK land-line call charges.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional