cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone use joke

gwenrose

No phone use joke

Angry At 5pm this evening the phone rang, approx 4 rings, it stopped before I had a chance to answer, when I tried to do a 1471, all I could hear what sounded like an engaged tone, so I was not able to dial any thing. It is now 10.20pm, I still can't dial out or take incoming calles, when I try to ring plusnet on their support line using my mobile, I get the message that calls are taking up to an hour to answer any problems. How on earth can plusnet expect you to sit and wait an hour on a mobile phone.
I'm so angry. I've sent two emails to customer service regarding this problem and can't believe how long it's going to take to solve the problem. I'm fast thinking of leaving plusnet, this is not funny and not the first time it's happened.
Any one else had this problem?
6 REPLIES 6
picbits
Rising Star

Re: No phone use joke

It could be that someone has called you and then not hung up properly (possibly a call centre).
No matter what you do at your end it will stay connected until the person at the other end clears the line - it is also used as a mechanism for scammers to try and con unsuspecting people into handing over their bank card / details but that is a totally different story.
It could also be a phone line issue - you say you've sent emails to Plusnet but please be aware that you can't actually contact them by email - only by phone or the ticket system in the members portal. Any emails sent to them won't be read.
gwenrose

Thanks for your reply. I've issued two tickets to the members portal, that's what I meant by email.
Ticket Numbers:  95717379 and  95716791, it appears it could be after the weekend before I get a reply.

This week, we've lost the line at least three times and now this.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: DomS
No matter what you do at your end it will stay connected until the person at the other end clears the line

The line should clear down if the person receiving a call hangs up and leaves the phone on the hook for two minutes.
The OP needs to perform the standard checks (test socket, different handset etc) as prompted by http://faults.plus.net and report the fault that way (if they haven't already)  Submitting two tickets achieves nothing other than doubling the workload of an already (over)stretched support department.
[Edit - Apologies, it seems that the link I gave only offers advice for broadband faults]
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
See here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134578.msg1178554.html#msg1178554
This could be a cunning approach to get a phone line issue escalated without hanging on the phone for ages waiting for the CSC to answer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your phone line. I can see that one of my colleagues has sent some information and some tests we need doing over to you this morning, if you can let me know when you've been able to go through these and have replied to the online ticket I'm happy to get this pushed through for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: pwatson
The line should clear down if the person receiving a call hangs up and leaves the phone on the hook for two minutes.

Ahh - that has changed since I last had a play with hung lines (many moons ago !)
Hopefully PN have got the problem under control now Smiley