cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone ticket #83549501

bilbo
Dabbler

Re: No phone ticket #83549501

Linn, Imaging my surprise that when I just check my line it is STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY!!!!!! The noise is terrible and the broadband performance is similarly dire (as you'd expect). I am now beyond any degree of patience with PlusNet. I demand you get this line repaired today (Ben I do not care if it costs YOU PlusNet more). I expect a reduction in my bill to reflect the loss of service and poor support I have received.
THIS SITUATION IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bilbo, I hope you don't mind me replying as Linn's now out of the office until Tuesday. BTOR still have this one in hand, their notes, verbatim are:
requires second stag e to open 500 pr joi nt in manhole 67 by library on junction of bye street and ho mend have measured l oop to manhole requi res proving either i n joint or length to next manhole outsid e bank no good spare s all faulty also
Translating, this one is still in hand with BTOR as a priority fault for the underground work but unfortunately there's not much that we can do to push it faster than it's already going and there are no spare cables to swap you onto.
I know that you're not happy with the service you've received and I'm genuinely sorry for that, but unfortunately there are times when we're not able to meet a customer's expectations - especially when it concerns repair work which is outside of our control. Five days is a long time to be without service and there won't be any problem refunding you for the downtime - just give us a nudge when you're happy with the performance and we'll get that done for you.
bilbo
Dabbler

Ben,
Thanks for the update. I appreciate you have now done all that you can reasonably be expected to do - which is all I ask as a customer. Please ensure you continue to press OpenReach as far as you are able and keep me informed of any progress. I am not hopeful of any quick resolution given the information in the engineer notes, but there is nothing much that I can do about that. Thank you.
bilbo
Dabbler

Any updates on expected time for OpenReach to fix this? Now the phone line has completely died.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've asked someone to take a look at this for you now as there's nothing more on the normal system.
Edit: As per my colleague's update on your ticket, a 5-pair cable needs to be replaced which isn't something an engineer can 'just do' on a typical repair job. The last engineer has submitted an A55 which is the form needed to get the BT planners to determine what needs replacing, how long, where it should connect to, etc.. This has a 5 working day lead time so hopefully we will see progress towards the end of the week. Once this form has been approved, an engineer will be tasked to go out and make the repair which should resolve your issues.
My colleagues in the faults team will continue to monitor this and update you via the ticket online.
bilbo
Dabbler

Ben, thanks for the update. I fully understand this is not a quick fix - all the more reason why I am trying to ascertain what the likely timescales are for OpenReach to fix this. I appreciate there is little you can do, all I ask is you keep me posted with regular updates so I can explain to my family when they are likely to see the phone working again. Thank-you. Put a note on the call that it would be better for OpenReach to run a fibre and forget the copper  Wink
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If I could persuade them to replace your line with fibre then I'd persuade them to do mine first! Exchange fed copper on an FTTC exchange here Sad
I'll check your fault ticket later in the week and the faults team will also pick up any updates for you too, hopefully this is a simple cable swap that shouldn't take too long - fingers are crossed!
bilbo
Dabbler

Smiley thanks Ben. Just hope my Broadband doesn't suffer a nose dive when OpenReach replace the cable - will have to wait and see.
bilbo
Dabbler

Angry
Ben - can you take a look at my ticket - suffice to say the response from customer service has not been sufficient - i would be obliged if you were look into it! Also my upload speed as reverted to the capped rate 448 - can it be uncapped again please.
bilbo
Dabbler

Angry anybody there?!?! another 3 days and no response on the support ticket. This is well and truly beyond a joke.. would someone please do me the basic courtesy and answer me?!?!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Bilbo,
The DCT team only cover the forums on working days during normal office hours, so don't hope for an authoritative response before Tuesday.
Ultimately you and PN are in the hands of BTOR.  If there are no spare pairs, then new cables need to be pulled through.  I saw a BTOR van out working this morning (Sunday) which was surprising, as I can imagine they would like to be at home with their families this Easter, just like you and I.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Bilbo, I can see that the Faults Team have picked up your responses on your ticket and you've made it clear that you're happy, Faults / CS will apply what was agreed and close the ticket back to you with confirmation.
I think and hope that everything will then be closed off?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bilbo,
I've just added the discount that you agreed to on Ticket: 83549501
I'll perform an SNR reset as well to uncap your upstream. This should take effect shortly. You may need to disconnect and re-connect your router.
bilbo
Dabbler

thank-you. We got there in the end.