cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone ticket #83549501

bilbo
Dabbler

No phone ticket #83549501

Hi - I raised a support ticket #83549501 as I could not wait over 30 mins on my mobile to speak to support! It has now been 2 days and no update - I am unable to make or receive a phone call as my land line is unusable due to noise! Please fix this now... I am paying for a service which has now been unusable for 2 days!!!!
28 REPLIES 28
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No phone ticket #83549501

Hi bilbo,
I'm very sorry to hear you're having problems with your phone service. I have raised this issue to our suppliers and they have stated that the estimated repair time is 04/04/14 21:00:00. Our Faults team will continue to monitor this for you on Ticket: 83549501.
bilbo
Dabbler

Linn. Thanks for the reply. A fix by the 4th is unacceptable - please expedite a resolution. I am currently out of the county and unable to contact my family as the land line is not working - this is not acceptable service.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can only apologise that you're having these problems. We are unable to expedite the estimated repair time as this is provided by our suppliers. It's our suppliers who maintain the network and therefore they inform us how long faults are estimated to take to fix. You may find that the fault is repaired sooner, however, we still have to advise the estimated fix time.
bilbo
Dabbler

I am fully aware that it is OpenReach who provide the network - I am also aware that the option to expedite a repair DOES exist as an additional option. The fact it has taken 2 days for you to respond to the initial fault report coupled with the dreadful ETA for a fix is utterly unacceptable. Please ensure you have this matter resolved as a matter of urgency. As I have stated I need to be able to contact my family and at present I am unable to do so!!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll have a further look into this for you, bilbo and re-raise the fault with our suppliers to see if we can improve the date for you at all. I'll provide further updates as soon as I have them.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just for visibility, it costs £85+VAT for us to expedite a repair and this still comes with no timeframe guarantees and some issues - e.g. an engineer may be dispatched without notification and a missed visit is chargeable.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've re-raised the fault for you and our suppliers have given us the estimated repair time as 03/04/2014 21:00. This is now within the 24-48 hour resolution time provided from our suppliers. We can expedite this further, however, this would come at a cost to yourself as Ben has detailed.
bilbo
Dabbler

Thanks Ben. So, as I said - there is an expedite option - contrary to what PlusNet support initially stated. In addition - none of the costs are my concern, there is a fault and as my supplier it is your responsibility to resolve this swiftly - if this necessitates you incurring additional costs this is not my responsibility to pay them. You (PlusNet) have a duty to resolve the issue swiftly and without attempting to push any additional costs to me - especially given the poor service levels you are currently able to offer via your main support channel. The main reason I selected PlusNet as my service provider was as a result of your positive reputation for support when things go wrong. I repeat - I am unable to contact my family at present due to a fault which has occurred and needs to be rectified. Please ensure you put pressure on OpenReach to resolve this matter.
bilbo
Dabbler

Linn - thankyou. As I am sure you can tell I am extemely annoyed with this matter. I appreciate you have worked to resolve this - I am delighted that the fix time is now 24-48 hours as per the T&Cs. My continued annoyance is that it took 2 days for PlusNet to report the fault to OpenReach in the first place - so I continue to be without service through no fault of my own! ARGHHHH!!!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@bilbo
I appreciate your frustration and I don't want to jump into this too far as Lynn's doing a great job managing it, but our responsibility to you only goes as far as resolving the fault in a reasonable time. As you pay for a residential service, it would not be reasonable for your service provider to cover the costs of providing a fault resolution service equivalent to that of a business service which would have incurred greater subscription costs to the end user.
bilbo
Dabbler

@Ben - as you say Linn is indeed doing a great job. You have successfully 'enflamed' matters. I suspect you do not really appreciate my frustration (believe me). I agree that you (plusnet) are now fulfilling your 'responsibilities' - my continued and now increased annoyance is that it took 2 days!!! for you to acknowledge and raise the fault with OpenReach - a situation that is ENTIRELY your responsibility. The failure to do so, puts me the customer out of service for a longer period than it should. I am sure you understand and accept this point! ARGHAGHAGA I shall now go an lie down in a darkened room and await the resolution of this matter.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that I'm not helping, I'll let Lynn carry on managing this one and I hope we get it closed out for you as soon as possible.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry we can't push this through any faster for you bilbo.
I've had a look again and can see the fault progressing for you. I'll check back on this for you tomorrow to ensure it's progressing.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.
bilbo
Dabbler

Linn, just to keep you informed the line is still not fixed, OpenReach have been in our street fixing a number of similar problems so there is obviously a localised problem. No sign that an engineer is attending to our problem and when we quizzed the one on site he had no knowledge of our fault. 2 hours to go and not confident this is going to be fixed. If this is not resolved in the time quoted you can rest assured I will be ranting at PlusNet again first thing in the morning and will expect an engineer on site tomorrow WITHOUT fail!!!