cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service

Lily07

No phone service

Joined on 22/11/15. Got text message saying that PlusNet engineer would visit on 04/12/15. Engineer did not turn up. Now it turns out that phone sockets in my property (it is a new build) are not connected.
PlusNet charged £49.99 phone line installation fee in the initial bill so I expected the engineer to check that the sockets inside the property were connected.
Now I was told that I need to book another engineer visit for £50 so that he would connect telephone sockets.
Has anyone had similar issues?

Have been with Virgin media for 6 years and it looks like I was spoilt by Virgin Media service: 6 years ago Virgin Media engineer install all cables, checked phone sockets and had everything working before leaving the property.
1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: No phone service

Sorry to hear you're experiencing a phone fault.
I think there has been some confusion around the £50 charge.
Please note if an engineer visits your premises and the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £50 will apply.

The charge is only applicable if the fault is caused by your internal wiring or equipment, or if you have caused damage to BT equipment. Although not fool proof, the checks we request you carry out prior to raising a fault with our suppliers are to help rule this out. We are very stringent on accepting and passing on these charges and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet