Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service for 10 days

FIXED
normanjohn42
Fixes: 1

No phone service for 10 days

My phone became noisy and unusable on 16th March, broadband still working but with occasional dropouts. Plusnet diagnosed line fault (battery contact) and gave me a ticket number with a response time of 18/03/20 23:59:59. On 19th the question was taken off hold with message "Our Support Team will provide a further update soon". Since when there has been a stony silence. Several requests for an update on progress have fallen on deaf ears. My next door neighbour (also a Plusnet customer) is also affected and also unable to get any update. Mobile service in this area is patchy so the landline is a vital link.

This is a very poor performance from Plusnet support - even "don't know" would be something!

So, some action please you people in support team.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No phone service for 10 days

Thanks for your post @normanjohn42 

I'm sorry to see the problems with your phone and broadband for so long and the lack of updates. I've been looking into this for you and I've added a reply onto your fault ticket you can view and respond to by going Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
normanjohn42

Anoush,
Thank you for responding. Not the news I was hoping for but at least I no longer feel forgotten!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @normanjohn42 

No problem and sorry again there's been no update since you reported the fault.

I'll keep a close eye on this for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
normanjohn42

Fix

Openreach finally turned up and replaced a damaged section of cable which fed five users including two Plusnet, all now back to normal.

Thanks to the support team, especially Amoush who kept myself and Plusnet neighbour updated throughout.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @normanjohn42 

No problem at all, I'm glad the fault's fixed for both you and your neighbour now along with the remaining three. Thumbs_Up

Feel free to let me know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with and stay safe.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet