cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service/broadband at elderly Dads house

Milliemac22

No phone service/broadband at elderly Dads house

Hi my Dad has no home phone or broadband at his home. It's been out since the storm in the early hours possibly a tree brought like down. I've been trying to get thru to report fault with no luck. I've traveled to his house, done all usual checks and its definitely external issue. Tried online troubleshooter, line test all to no good. Can a Staff member please raise a ticket? I've had to walk 500 ft to get a mobile signal to try ringing in. My Dad needs this service, its literally a lifeline. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: No phone service/broadband at elderly Dads house

Have you had a look in your tickets to see if the troubleshooter raised one?

It often does even though an error is displayed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Milliemac22

Hi, no, no tickets listed. Just tried calling them again, they shut the call down with apologies. It's not good enough. So now I've resorted to social media to try and report it.
Wish a CS staff member would see this on here.
I'm doing all of this in a bridle way a few 100ft from Dads house as my mobile signal useless. 🙄
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Hi @Milliemac22 Without details of your dad, there is no way anyone can investigate this - unfortunately, it is not safe to post his details online, so I will try and point a PN Help Team member here, but can't make any promise of success, like your dad, I'm only a customer.

@EmilyD , @Gandalf  - any chance of help here?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @Milliemac22 

I'm sorry for the issues with your Dad's phone and broadband service.

Could you drop me a PM with his landline number and/or full address so I can investigate further. If he or anybody who lives with him have any medical conditions and/or a care-line pendant could you possibly include details of this in the private message? I can look at raising an emergency welfare case with Openreach.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Milliemac22

Thank you for that. Appreciated. 👍