Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone "fixed" by BT, now no phone and no broadband

krs1234
Dabbler

No phone "fixed" by BT, now no phone and no broadband

Hi,

Discovered phone line was not working. Raised with plusnet, who handed it over to BT OR.

Yesterday BT OR visited Street Cabinet, and sent me a text saying the visit was "Complete". I (stupidly) assume this meant "fixed".

Instead I still have no phone line, and with the added bonus of no broadband either. 

Plusnet simply blaming BT, and have booked me in for an Engineer Visit, but this will not be until next week. 

Are you trying to drive me back to Virgin?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: No phone "fixed" by BT, now no phone and no broadband

@krs1234 wrote:

Plusnet simply blaming BT, and have booked me in for an Engineer Visit, but this will not be until next week. 

To be fair Plusnet sell a service provided by other parts of BT. Only Openreach are allowed to maintain it so if Openreach screw up a repair then who do you expect Plusnet to blame? You don't say when next week it should be repaired, one would hope that Plusnet is pushing for this to be handled as a priority.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

krs1234
Dabbler

I agree Plusnet are not to "blame" for the incompetence of Openreach.

However their procedures are not helping. I notified them last night that the openreach repair had made things worse, but because the repair was still "open" they could do "nothing". So I had to ring them back again this morning so a new repair could be requested.

Earliest date I could be given for Openreach was Monday. I have no idea if this is what counts as "priority". 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @krs1234

Thanks for providing some further information on this one.

Just to add some context around the concerns you've raised - if a fault is still showing as being "open" or "in progress" we're unable to amend this until our supplier updates the fault - usually to ask us if its been resolved. Obviously at that point, we can check with yourself and return the fault as required.

I can see that the engineer has been booked in, as you've confirmed, however, I can also see that you've raised some concerns regarding the engineer statement via your ticket here. Could you please respond to that ticket confirming that you're happy with the statement, or raise the specific concerns you have so that we can address them?

Best wishes

Dave