Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone or broadband

FIXED
TC13
Hooked

No phone or broadband

Hi my first post and unfortunately not a positive one I’m afraid
Returned home on Thursday morning after a hospital appointment to find both my home phone and broadband not working
Left for a few hours hoping it would only be a temporary problem but to no avail
Contacted Plusnet firstly by raising a ticket and later after receiving no answer by phone
Was advised after some checks that there was a fault at the exchange and this may take up until the 31st of December to rectify was a bit shocked at this and after searching online found that as I am physically disabled I may be able to get priority help at least for the phone line
I spoke to someone on chat who then promised that someone would be in touch within 24 hrs
Yesterday after not hearing from anyone I contacted customer services again who informed me that open reach had reported they had fixed a fault
Unfortunately whatever they have done has not fixed anything and I am still without both broadband and telephone line and was advised they would contact open reach again
I feel that this wait is completely unacceptable and if this is priority treatment what is standard timescales like
Can someone please give me an idea of when I may have normal service resumed as I rely on the broadband for most contact with the outside world and need the security of the home phone for any emergency
Many thanks
10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: No phone or broadband

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Unfortunately if you have a mobile we can't request for priority repair unless your line has a careline pendant attached

We've been advised that an visit to the property is required as our suppliers aren't finding any external faults.

Can you respond to the update we've just sent?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TC13
Hooked

Thank you for your reply I just wanted to update my situation at present
After finally having an engineer visit early today I now have a working telephone service after exactly one week
The engineer traced the fault to a open reach junction box and apparently replaced a couple of wires so all good now on that front
Unfortunately just as he was packing up his kit he informed me that the broadband had still not come back online and as he only did line faults I would have to get back in touch with you again to book another engineer to now look at the broadband fault
I have spoken to customer support who have run tests again and agreed there is still a problem which has been sent to open reach again and he would book an engineer to visit again we then had problems with his system and eventually he told me that he would call me back later to book the visit
I am at the time of writing still waiting and am becoming increasingly frustrated by this whole experience it looks increasingly unlikely that I am going to have broadband again over the weekend unless by some miracle an engineer comes out tomorrow is it at all possible to please arrange this today ?
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @TC13,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear the last visit did not resolve the issue with your services.

We can certainly arrange an appointment via ticket here for you, however we would just need to make sure you have ruled out internal wiring as the cause of the broadband issue.

We would need you to see if the issue persists while your equipment is in the test socket, which is located behind your master telephone socket. A guide on how to locate this can be found here.

If the problem is still present then we can go ahead and arrange a broadband engineer appointment. We would need you to reply to the ticket here with your availability and getting back to us here so we can get this picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
TC13
Hooked

Thank you for replying as I previously mentioned we had an engineer visit yesterday who checked all of our wiring and fitted a brand new socket and located the fault at the open reach junction box
We had already gone through all the tests with customer service via phone who told us an engineer would again need to come out however as he tried to do this his system crashed and I was promised he would call back to make the appointment
Unfortunately this didn’t happen so I called in again just before 5pm and now have an engineer visit booked for today between 8-1 so hopefully will at last be sorted 8 days after losing all service
I will update as soon as the engineer has been
TC13
Hooked

update to second engineers visit on Friday (sorry for not updating sooner but I had been referred by my Dr  under the rapid cancer appointment scheme and as they had not been able to contact me via my non working landline I have had appointments and scans for the last few days)

The second engineer arrived on Friday and had fixed the problem at the open reach junction box which was caused by someone wiring up the connection in reverse he was at a loss to explain how this may have happened and was most surprised this hadn’t been picked up by the first engineer on Thursday 

Everything is now back to normal on both the phone and broadband front but imagine my surprise on viewing my account to find 8 phone calls totalling £19.32 charged to me during the time my phone line and internet were not working !

I have again spoken to customer services again today and after 10 minutes holding and being cut off and eventually getting through have had the grand total of £7.99 compensation and credit of £19.32 for the calls I hadn’t made anyway whilst the hospital has been dialling my number and getting who knows who

Having lost all confidence in plusnet to provide an adequate and reliable service I then spoke to retentions in regards to termination of my contract who informed me that it would cost me the three months of line Rental Saver that runs to March and £19.60 for the internet which unfortunately I can’t afford to lose 

The service provided by plusnet on this occasion has been dire to say the least and I will definitely be looking elsewhere as soon as my contract expires

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the delayed response and for the time it took us to resolve the fault.

Are you free for a call at around 7pm to discuss the gesture of goodwill?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TC13
Hooked

Hi yes am available if it’s still convenient
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks again for your time on the phone @TC13

I've updated your support ticket sending an e-mail following our conversation.

Hope this helps but let me know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TC13
Hooked

Thank you for your call and your assistance with the trouble we had suffered with

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all.
If you need any further assistance in the future, please feel free to let me know.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet