cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone or broadband

kitz
Aspiring Pro

No phone or broadband

I know its late, but typing this here on the off chance that a rep is around, because I cant get through on the phone and call waiting time is in excess of an hour.
Migration today should be a LORN.  This was stressed that it should be a sim provide.
The EU has had no phone since midnight last night.   If I dial their number it doesnt ring at the other end.

Ive checked their email and can see this
Your Plusnet Home Phone service is ready to use.
Your telephone number is  xxx
About your first bill
About your second bill
Because your broadband and phone were activated at different times, we'll give you a discount off your second month's bill.
We'll refund you for the period between your broadband and phone going live. Your second month's invoice will show you details of the refund.

Can some one tell me whats happening please?   The bit Ive embolded doesnt look good either 😕
Username [mremoved].
Dick:blue Personal details removed
11 REPLIES 11
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: No phone or broadband

Oh great my phone battery is going to die soon
1 hour, 5 minutes and 57 seconds    Sad
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Leaving this open although I did eventually get through.  My phone battery did die, and Ive almost killed the battery on my landline too.    Call time to get through was well over an hour and its damn annoying to have to start a queue again.
EU gave up trying to get through as they are on mobile PAYG and used up more credit trying to get through to PN than they would normally use in about 6 months Sad

EU has no dial tone and the phone doesnt ring for incoming calls.  Their landline was definitely working last night and EU says theyve had no dial tone since first thing this morning.
Ive been put in a tricky situation as I arranged the sim provide which looks like it may have gone wrong, but Ive authorized an engineers appt for the account...  despite the fact that I cant remotely do the NTE5 stuff, but to me its sounding like the migration has gone wrong.  The EU is 80 and wouldnt have a clue anyhow to do all that anyhow.
I cant now get in touch with the EU as its too late.  Im at college tomorrow and not really contactable, but I have left my mobile no on record, and I'll just ask for permission to leave my phone on in class. 
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks to me like the SIM provide went through as expected and this is being progressed as a 'no dial tone' fault, with an engineer booked for this afternoon. Let us know how that goes and if you need any more help.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Cheers..  for the reply.
I suspect someone - ie BT - botched the jumpering @ the MDF, despite the OR engineer muttering to the EU something about "too many cables coming into the green cab!!! " Roll_eyes
Since this isnt the fault of the EU and they've been without any service at all until this afternoon, is it possible to shift their billing date for both services to start from today..   You will see from logs that they were only able to connect to PN at around 4.30 ish today.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kitz,
Yes, we can offer a refund for the time they've been without the service. I'd suggest for them to raise a ticket/comment on an already open ticket and our Support team can resolve this for them. Unfortunately we can't change the billing date, however, we can certainly issue the refund.
I'm sorry to hear of their initial experience with Plusnet.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Linn
ticket raised.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Brilliant kitz. Are you able to provide me with the ticket ID and I can get this actioned?
kitz
Aspiring Pro

oops sorry I'd removed the EU's details from this thread as I thought all was done in here.
Ticket no is
Thank you Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've confirmed the refund on the ticket, kitz.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Glad we were able to get that resolved for them!
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Thanks muchly