cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line dead

pendlerose

No phone line dead

Phone appears dead try to ring my number from mobile and it is engaged yet broadband still working
disconnected from master socket an even outside and still engaged but dead
no answer from so called support ticket as yet
Mark
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: No phone line dead

Often you can get a break in the wire to your house and still have broadband albeit with a reduced speed.
Last time I had a line issue (the only time !) I called PN on the support line on a saturday morning and got through within a few minutes. I suspect they are rather overrun at the moment with all the storms and people reporting faults though Sad
All you can really do to speed things up is to try a wired phone in the test socket behind the master socket faceplate - if this doesn't work then you've certainly got either a knackered line or dead card at the exchange.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes, I've seen that, it's surprising but true.
When it happened to me I investigated (in places I shouldn't  Roll_eyes ) and found a poor connection between the drop wire and the master socket. Fixed it myself.  Lips_are_sealed
picbits
Rising Star

Thinking about it, an open line would normally result in a ringtone from the originating caller but nothing coming in at the customers end. A shorted or <600 ohm load on the line would show an engaged tone when called so may be the issue here.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pendlerose,
Sorry about the issues with your phone. I've had a look at your account and I can see ticket 81320972 has been raised. Please see this ticket for future details regarding this.