cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone for forth day

BLINDPEW
Grafter

No phone for forth day

Lost phone connection on Tuesday morning. I was told that it was a fault in exchange and should be fixed by Thursday. Still no phone working this morning and no info of what's happening apart from automated response. Can anyone put me in the picture, ticket 71193280.
Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: No phone for forth day

Hi there,
I can see that an engineer was assigned to attend to an external location yesterday, I;m chasing this up to see what work took place and what we need to do to get this resolved.
I'll provide an update as soon as I can.
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Thanks Chris, any info would be great as at the moment I'm on my mobile using 2g and its like pulling teeth.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

An engineer is currently on site(externally) and this should be resolved for you today, I'll be checking again later for an update to make sure this has happened. Sorry for the wait.
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Once again thanks Chris.
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Well another day and still no phone.
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Can anyone at PN give me an update to what's happening regarding the fault on my phone line. Its now been 5 days without phone and internet. BT were supposed to have had an engineer in the exchange both Thursday and Friday. Surely he must have made a report out by now.
Thanks.
Teds31
Grafter

Hope you have more success than we had, but I don't think you will. Ted
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Blindpew, looks like another engineer visit is due for tomorrow - hope this one gets it sorted for you, please let us know how it goes.
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Phone up and running today. Engineer came to the house said he was going to cabinet, 15 mins later arrived back, phone and internet up and running. Would just like to know why it took 7 days for plusnet to send an engineer to the house instead of to the exchange. This problem could have been sorted last Thursday. Now I'm up and running again what compensation can I expect for a 7 day loss of service? I don't see why I should pay for something I'm not getting.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi BLINDPEW,
I've updated your ticket, with regard to the resolution time:
25th - we raised the fault. Our suppliers advised an ERT (estimated resolution time) of the 27th.
28th - we check on the fault, our suppliers are still investigating.
29th - our suppliers advise the fault will need an engineer visit. This is booked in for the first available, on the 2nd July (today).
2nd July - engineer attends, fault is resolved.
Hope that explains the time taken, unfortunately we rely on our suppliers to fix these issues and have to follow their lead with regard to engineer bookings etc.
deathtrap
Grafter

It takes BT Wholesale 3 days to test the line remotely and determine the obvious, and only then organise with open-reach for an engineer  to go and fix the fault ? that is some delay,Any idea as to why the 3 day delay where they do nothing?
godfather

Gee, I wish I had lost my phone for 4 days. With me it was nearly 5 weeks!
And now it's fixed comes the arguments about charges.
I get credited for the downtime (but not until I pay my next bill, 'cos they don't trust me!) and a credit of 25% against my broadband connection - yes, a whole £1.50 - for 5 months, mysteriously reduced from the 6 months I was originally offered! And this despite my recorded call charges from my mobile to the help desk alone totalling £8.35 'cos they insisted on updating me by email (duh! No phone line equals........!) not to mention the charges of over £20 for having a divert on my landline to my mobile.
OK, so the original fault wasn't Plusnet's and the delay was probably BTOpenreach's, but customer service?Huh
I'm now seriously thinking of moving - a pity because up to now I've been happy with them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi godfather,
I get credited for the downtime (but not until I pay my next bill, 'cos they don't trust me!)

It's not because we don't trust you, we often offer discounts rather than a refund in these such situations. If you'd rather have a refund than a discount then that can be arranged. However I do notice re ticket 72154315 that we're also waiting for a direct debit payment to clear before we can action a refund.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
godfather

The "they don't trust me" bit was tongue in cheek and my monthly payment wasn't due until yesterday.
But my real complaint is that I have been left well out of pocket through no fault of my own, whilst Plusnet happily pockets the extra costs I incurred by having to transfer my calls to my mobile.
Altogether, not a happy experience for me and one where Plusnet could have shown positive, rather than negative, customer service.