Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone/dial tone, no broadband

munkfish
Grafter
Fixes: 3

No phone/dial tone, no broadband

As per subject, have had no phone or broadband all day - since about 10.30am.
Can someone please look into it?  Details are in the ticket here:
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No phone/dial tone, no broadband

Hi Munkfish,
Just running a test now, I'll drop you a response onto that ticket shortly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
munkfish
Grafter

Thanks for the response.
No resolution until the 29th - nearly a week! - sounds very bad, can you give any other details other than just that there's 'a disconnection in the network'?  If I'm being put offline for the best part of a whole week (which is by a HUGE margin the longest I've ever been without internet - hashtag firstworldproblem!) it'd be nice to at least know why.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries,
It may be fixed before the ERT, we have to advise that's the latest point our suppliers have up until before responding.
Not wishing to sound defensive, rather just addressing what you've mentioned. Simply put it's a fault with the service, not something that should ever happen, but unfortunately can. We're not party to the exact location of the fault, that's information only the engineers themselves would tend to have (as only they need it) the disconnection is literally that a physical disconnection in the line between you and the exchange (or even at the exchange) the engineers carry out tests to trace the exact location before fixing it.
Bear with us, we'll keep you posted.
Reply back here when this is resolved and I'll make sure we arrange a goodwill gesture for you.
Obviously please do reply back in the meantime if you have any other concerns or questions.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
munkfish
Grafter

Hello again,
Thanks for the quick response.  I was just hoping that you might have had further information on the problem that you could have forwarded on to me.  The fact that you said 29th / 6 days sounded quite shocking given that the longest outage we've ever had here has been perhaps 12hrs since having 'always on' broadband/internet (10yrs?).
Anyway, apparently the line is already fixed now which is obviously great news and significantly better than 6 days. Smiley
FWIW and just in case someone else reads this like I did with another similar post:
I remember reading someone else's report of having no dial tone / no internet, same as me, and then of them reporting that the dial tone was restored (probably after being fixed by the engineers) by them dialling up their own phone line from another line/mobile. 
For the record, our problem manifested itself with a message of 'Check phone line' on our Panasonic phone, no dial tone at all, nor any internet connectivity.  The issue remained like this until eventually I noticed the 'check phone line' message was gone from the phone.  At this point I had to ring the phone from my mobile to 'clear' the line and be able to dial out - prior to that the dial tone was still non-existent.
Thanks for your help anyway, hopefully it made a difference in some way to move things along.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Really glad to see this one's been picked up and fixed so quickly.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime anyway.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team