Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone/broadband for a week

fourtracker80
Grafter

No phone/broadband for a week

Hi there

I raised a ticket regarding no dial tone and have been struggling to get a response/update. An Openreach engineer called on Friday to say they’d fixed one problem and found another (or words to that effect) but I’ve had nothing from Plusnet regarding it taking longer than the normal 1-3 days (which you said in the ticket you would) and no idea whether I need to be at home for a day for an engineer to visit.

Would really appreciate an update on what’s going on. Am unable to work from home while the line is down, so it’s starting to cause real issues now.

Thanks

Mark
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: No phone/broadband for a week

Hi Mark.

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your line and for the lack of timely updates.

Engineer notes essentially say what you know that a fault was fixed, but they found another so they sent the fault report back to us to book an appointment with you for further investigation, but due to the length of time it's been, the fault report has closed down on our suppliers systems. Sad

To progress this we need to raise a new fault report, but as testing the line is showing an external fault(The same issue we detected when we originally raised the fault), it's safe to assume that the next engineer who goes out will likely need access to your property, so to try to avoid further delay I've contacted our suppliers and asked them to send the required activity on the fault report for us to be able to book an appointment with you.

Before we do book an appointment, can you confirm you've tried the steps Here to bypass any internal wiring which may be affecting this? Failing that, could you reply to this ticket with your availability for a visit please?
Feel free to drop us a reply back here to give us a nudge once you've done so and we'll be happy to get the appointment booked in for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this problem.

Anoush

[edit]

In the meantime, I've raised a broadband fault with our suppliers as our tests are also showing a fault at the cabinet(The green box in the road), as a different type of engineer may be able to diagnose the issue without access to your property. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fourtracker80
Grafter

Thanks again Anoush, I’ve replied to the ticket

Mark
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries Mark.

Appointment is booked in for this Thursday morning. 

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fourtracker80
Grafter

Hi Anoush

Just to confirm, the engineer has been and the phone and broadband are up and running again. Internet is around 10Mbps but I assume will work its way back up to the previous levels in time.

Thanks again

Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for letting us know, that's really good to see. I've just replied on your account to confirm a refund for the time without service. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team